Trolling in political threads: please read

Status
Not open for further replies.
It madness how people who share the same love for our team and are probably very decent blokes on both sides are so passionately entrenched in their views. Interesting.

It's what we all need to remember when arguing the toss with each other mate.

It's what we all need to remember when arguing the toss with each other mate.

I agree. I am going to avoid them. I feel very passionate perhaps too passionate in my fears over mr c and I don’t want too fall out with anyone on here. Not even swp.

One day I am going to debate politics face to face with ric and let him see I am normal.

I agree. I am going to avoid them. I feel very passionate perhaps too passionate in my fears over mr c and I don’t want too fall out with anyone on here. Not even swp.

One day I am going to debate politics face to face with ric and let him see I am normal.

you sound like Linda Hamilton at the start of Terminator 2.

Some of the biggest trolls have been on here saying they don't troll!

This forum has always had its fair share of the more vociferous types, it's a bit harsh to categorise it as trolling.
The one thing I have noticed is we no longer self mod the place in a manner we once may have. It's full on hammer and tongs nowadays.
There seems to be a reluctance to accept a virtual handshake or to address an issue with a placatory pm. I may be an arse myself, at times but I've never felt I couldn't accept or offer an olive branch
Let's face it, the one thing most of us are on here for is our love of City. Personally speaking, there isn't one person in off topic that I wouldn't be happy to share a beer with, especially if you're buying.

I don’t think having passionate views about something is trolling. Anyway going to avoid them full stop. Not going to change my mind and neither is someone like len rum or fumble.

It madness how people who share the same love for our team and are probably very decent blokes on both sides are so passionately entrenched in their views. Interesting.

It's not so much the passionate views, as we are all very passionate about our own opinions, i think the issue is is that it's the one thread where we all believe our opinions.

Anyway, not to make this negative but just seeing what people have written here i think the thing to acknowledge is we all want a better UK and that is a great thing to see.

@SWP's back
@Chippy_boy
@worsleyweb
@inchy14
And anyone i have missed, over the last year i have been guilty of being ignorant and arrogant and even sometimes condescending with some od my replies to you guys in particular and others.
I just wish to say sorry to anyone i caused offence to.

We ar all BLUES at the end of the day and thats what really matters.

Love the way vegans get banned from the vegan thread. Trolls post pictures of steaks and/or otherwise post to simply provoke.

So that's politics, religion and ethics. The triumvirate.

To be fair, I’m sure your thread ban was for comparing killing animals for food to the holocaust. It was a wildly inappropriate analogy, and that’s coming from a vegetarian.

Point taken though about some of the trolling replies in that thread. It’s that kind of antagonistic goading that I referred to in my original post.

I know I’ve made reference to this article in the past on the site, but it resonates a lot with me, particularly this bit:

“Good moderation isn’t about setting or controlling an agenda; it is about not letting anyone’s agenda ruin the conversation. Not letting an article about hats get ruined by someone who hates fashion; stopping a heartfelt piece about feeding refugees in Calais being dominated by someone ranting about child abuse in Rotherham; and preventing one man with an axe to grind about the legalisation of cannabis wrecking a scientific conversation about cancer treatment.”

If we all just accepted chippy boy and I are correct and all vote Tory - non of this would have happened!

When is the next election by the way?

Love the way vegans get banned from the vegan thread. Trolls post pictures of steaks and/or otherwise post to simply provoke.

So that's politics, religion and ethics. The triumvirate.

they're only jovially retaliating to your fascist way of approaching the subject, where no slur or slight was below the belt for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.