Turkey to stop teaching evolution to kids

I'm not surprised that it the case. People pay lip service to everything. People don't even know their rights, or how they were fought for. Hence why change has an insidious nature.. you don't know what you have till you lose it, kind of thing. Turkey is mess.. Ataturk paved the way and they grew, now Erdogan is rewinding time. But as with this evolution thing, I think, the cat is out of the bag.. they can imprison as many university lecturers and journalists as they like, ban internet sites and burn books but in my opinion, the country has gone past the point of no return.. there might well be a civil war on the cards.
Yes, I agree, but bear in mind Iran was a progressive westernised country in living memory, (there were problems with the Shah,
but give me those kind of problems over the current hierarchy), now look at it. We'll just have to hope that the people don't
stand for it.

Very much this. We have more evidence of evolution than we do of the theory of heliocentricity.

It's simply scientific fact.

Having said that, Turkey are now sending us cheap poultry so I can take it.

I had ostrich mince t'other day from that Food Warehouse at the bottom of Whitworth Road in Rochdale. Wonder if they're farming ostriches in Turkey, and are ostriches classed as poultry! They lay eggs so there's a good shout for them.

They've been trying since the 80's and are further away than ever.

Erdogan is determined to turn the country into a hard-line, Islamic country like what happened to Iran.

This - if they want to live in the Stone Age then they can do. Erdogan has effectively set things up so there can be no opposition as he ploughs on as a President for life type of character so you can see they are well on their way to be Iran 2.0 anyway. I doubt they have any ambitions to join the EU now and the EU would be mad to have them

Like Iraq - don't like what their thinking?

You do realise that there is circumstances in international law that make a states sovereignty be something that can be overturned?

Such as genocide of its people, invading other states, the use of illegal chemical weapons, hiding international terrorists etc.

I'm not saying Turkey are doing those things but the "it's their country" bollocks has very clear lines.

The simple horseshit mind ineptitude of moral relativism should be enough to ring the bells of the sane.

Standards rise, and that is the way of it. You can feel fine denouncing shit ideology.

You do realise that there is circumstances in international law that make a states sovereignty be something that can be overturned?

Such as genocide of its people, invading other states, the use of illegal chemical weapons, hiding international terrorists etc.

I'm not saying Turkey are doing those things but the "it's their country" bollocks has very clear lines.

But it is their Country, they voted for change. And yes I do understand about international law and agree totally with that but who are we to say they are wrong or should live their life differently, subject to international law of course - depending on whos view.

But it is their Country, they voted for change. And yes I do understand about international law and agree totally with that but who are we to say they are wrong or should live their life differently, subject to international law of course - depending on whos view.
Don't think they've voted to outlaw the teaching of evolution have they? They have a de facto dictator now.

If they now decide to throw gay men of minarets, is that ok as well? As it's their country.

Well yes legally we cannot do anything about it but I'm sure we all agree it's immoral to teach children this.

I was just making the point that there is a line where over countries can get involved but I know this isn't considered to be over it, as far the UN is concerned.

Well yes legally we cannot do anything about it but I'm sure we all agree it's immoral to teach children this.

I was just making the point that there is a line where over countries can get involved but I know this isn't considered to be over it, as far the UN is concerned.

Morality probably isn't the best word. Ethically it can be questioned... it is ethically bankrupt or whatever. There is no upside. No reason to believe teaching evolution causes harm... yet not teaching it does the opposite.

'Moral' relativism is childish in the extreme.

Advert at the bottom of the page is a link to gaining Turkish citizenship coincidentally.

I think I'll pass thank you very much.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.