TV Series

Didn't know this......

Lawmen: Bass Reeves: New Yellowstone Prequel Celebrates the ‘Beauty and Brutality’ of Famed U.S. Marshal’s Life — WATCH
Kimberly Roots
November 3, 2023 6:00 am
And the Duttons of 1883 thought they had it rough.

Taylor Sheridan’s Yellowstoneverse will expand once more this weekend with Sunday’s premiere of Lawmen: Bass Reeves, a Paramount+ drama chronicling the life of the first Black U.S. Marshal west of the Mississippi. David Oyelowo (Nightingale) plays Reeves, a former slave who was both deeply spiritual and very good at his job, making him a storied figure in the American West.

The eight-episode season takes place in the 1860s and ’70s, preceding the events of 1883. (Though originally billed as a spinoff of that series, Lawmen now is just a Yellowstone prequel.) And where 1883 found James Dutton seizing his destiny and hustling his family along the Oregon Trail, Lawmen opens with Bass decidedly not in control of his life or future, the property of a Confederate major who has brought him to the front lines of the Civil War.

In the video above, showrunner and executive producer Chad Feehan says he teared up the first time he watched Oyelowo embody the legendary lawman, during an outdoor shoot for the premiere.

“David is the most dedicated craftsman I’ve ever been around,” the EP says. “Watching his commitment to embodying the man and then see it fully come to fruition in the way that he spoke, the way that he moved, the way that he was dressed, I got emotional… There were a couple of times that I welled up.”

lawmen-bass-reeves-yellowstone-spinoff-david-oyelowo-paramount-plus-video
David Oyelowo as Bass Reeves and Lauren E Banks as Jennie Reeves Courtesy of Paramount+none
Director Damian Marcano adds that Reeves’ dedication to his family and wife, Jennie (played by City on a Hill‘s Lauren E. Banks), provided an intriguing contrast to the violence that marked the marshal’s career.

“We’re big on beauty and brutality,” Marcano says. “The moments with Bass and Jennie are beautiful… [but] there’s brutality always on the other side of that door

Didn't know this......

Lawmen: Bass Reeves: New Yellowstone Prequel Celebrates the ‘Beauty and Brutality’ of Famed U.S. Marshal’s Life — WATCH
Kimberly Roots
November 3, 2023 6:00 am
And the Duttons of 1883 thought they had it rough.

Taylor Sheridan’s Yellowstoneverse will expand once more this weekend with Sunday’s premiere of Lawmen: Bass Reeves, a Paramount+ drama chronicling the life of the first Black U.S. Marshal west of the Mississippi. David Oyelowo (Nightingale) plays Reeves, a former slave who was both deeply spiritual and very good at his job, making him a storied figure in the American West.

The eight-episode season takes place in the 1860s and ’70s, preceding the events of 1883. (Though originally billed as a spinoff of that series, Lawmen now is just a Yellowstone prequel.) And where 1883 found James Dutton seizing his destiny and hustling his family along the Oregon Trail, Lawmen opens with Bass decidedly not in control of his life or future, the property of a Confederate major who has brought him to the front lines of the Civil War.

In the video above, showrunner and executive producer Chad Feehan says he teared up the first time he watched Oyelowo embody the legendary lawman, during an outdoor shoot for the premiere.

“David is the most dedicated craftsman I’ve ever been around,” the EP says. “Watching his commitment to embodying the man and then see it fully come to fruition in the way that he spoke, the way that he moved, the way that he was dressed, I got emotional… There were a couple of times that I welled up.”

lawmen-bass-reeves-yellowstone-spinoff-david-oyelowo-paramount-plus-video
David Oyelowo as Bass Reeves and Lauren E Banks as Jennie Reeves Courtesy of Paramount+none
Director Damian Marcano adds that Reeves’ dedication to his family and wife, Jennie (played by City on a Hill‘s Lauren E. Banks), provided an intriguing contrast to the violence that marked the marshal’s career.

“We’re big on beauty and brutality,” Marcano says. “The moments with Bass and Jennie are beautiful… [but] there’s brutality always on the other side of that door

Yep.

If I remember my [Black] history properly Bass Reeves was the inspiration for the White version in 'The Lone Ranger' TV shows.

Das Boot: (The 2018 tv series version)

It's a German television series produced for Sky tv and a follow on to the brilliant 1982 film of the same name. Just like the film, there are lots and lots of subtitles owing to it being filmed from a German perspective. But also some English diaglogue as and were nessasary.

The series picks up in late 1942 nine months after the events of the ending of the film and there are four series in all, so am currently binging on series one near to the end, with just episode nine to digest.

It's mentioned on the intrweb that .. and I quote .. "Das Boot possesses the atmospheric pressure of its cinematic forebear while adding a new depth to its compelling ensemble" and I can't argue with that. If I was to review it in compressed working class format, then I'd simply say that it's a right riveting watch.

In order to diverge from the original film it focuses on a two front perspective with lots of resistance land action, combined with life aboard those calustrophobic U-Boats as they vied for survival in those altantic convey maelstroms.

I've been down in a diesal sub off Pompey, and instantly made the decistion that it wasnt the life for me. I'm not claustrophobic or anything, but the scruffy cnunts dont even shave or wash or anything, and they all smell crabby as fook. And you dont get to see anything as only the captain and his bezzies are alowed to ride on the conning tower.

I score it 8.5/10 : Das ist all.

The actress vicky krieps was amazing in her role as Simone Strasser.

Last edited:
Just started a re watch of the X Files, still very good even though it is a bit dated.
Also started to watch Nancy Drew, I thought it would just be another crap teen show but it's actually very good, lots of twists and turns and a good supernatural element.
Not for everyone I know but me and Mrs. Biggie are enjoying it.

The 1883 been out and now finished the 1923 first been out and season two is on its way next year! The 1944 and the other one that's set in the present day are new shows..
I think the Jimmy character is getting his spinoff which could be the present day one

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.