Two Year Academy Transfer Ban Imposed On City

I assume that most academies sail close to the wind on the rules of behaviour.
As there has been no rebuttal (I don't even remember a statement from the club), City must be satisfied that they're in breach.

You appear to be advocating that we publish our future recruitment tactics. That might prove counter productive
There probably needs to a be a review and a little bit of transparency. I listened to a BBC radio programme which talked about the difference between the City and United academies, where questions were asked about our methods. I never thought a month or so later we would be charged for breaking academy rules and regulations, so there definitely needs to be changes made to the way we are attracting and recruiting new players to our club at all levels.

I assume that most academies sail close to the wind on the rules of behaviour.
As there has been no rebuttal (I don't even remember a statement from the club), City must be satisfied that they're in breach.
I've not heard anything, but as stakeholders in the club I believe it would be beneficial for everyone to be given an explanation. The reality of this is it won't happen. Most modern businesses are reluctant to say too much for fear of creating a fuss or affecting the football clubs image further. Saying nothing makes things look a little shady, but I respect they might not want to make things worse for the individuals involved or the club. I guess we have to just learn and move forward.

You have to ask yourself, who benefits most from City and the Scousers getting a ban?

Maybe if you were a team whose academy had been going down hill and you had struggled to recruit against 2 of the top teams in the north west.
Maybe if you had just done a full upgrade of your academy staff and poached a couple of scouts from one of them and you wanted a free run at things for a year or so!

I suspect that every tier 1 academy in the country has skeletons in the cupboard regarding recruitment, so maybe I am just seeing things thru blue specs and the FA will indeed be looking closely at a lot more clubs and their dealings with young player recruitment.

Somehow I doubt it, but our academy has them worried and this is the first step, the next will be looking at stockpiling players as we have a huge number out on loans as do chelsea. ( not sure about the scousers) but noises have already been made about this, and just maybe this ban will enable people to get their academy's full of young talent before some sort of limits are brought into play.

All conjecture of course, but it does make you think......
The footballing elites are wary of us on so many different levels, this is why we have got to be whiter than white. Sadly, we appear to be pulled up on so many things over the past year. Big challenge for us as a club is develop a thicker skin and where possible work with the FA, Premier League and other clubs to fully understand the rules and regulations that all clubs should be controlled by. Working together with all these parties will ensure we are best placed to influence the future standards that other all clubs should be working towards when developing youngsters in the academies across the country.

We would like to think the club employ the best to do the best possible job. That's the story they try to present to the outside world.
Events of the last year have proven that we do nothing like a good job. And one has to ask if Soriano actually is fulfilling his oversight role in the organisation.

The footballing elites are wary of us on so many different levels, this is why we have got to be whiter than white. Sadly, we appear to be pulled up on so many things over the past year. Big challenge for us as a club is develop a thicker skin and where possible work with the FA, Premier League and other clubs to fully understand the rules and regulations that all clubs should be controlled by. Working together with all these parties will ensure we are best placed to influence the future standards that other all clubs should be working towards when developing youngsters in the academies across the country.

I have to agree, we should be whiter than white on all things and take the high moral ground, however we are starting to look a bit like Barca in some ways.
They portray themselves as morally superior to other clubs and had the Unicef logos on the shirt etc, as opposed to RM who were simply evil in every way and all about money and dodgy dealings with the government etc.
However when the curtains were pulled back, Barca were up to their neck in alsorts behind the scenes the neymar transfer being a case in point.

I could in some ways understand an aggressive recruitment approach post takeover as we were well behind, but now it should be above reproach and be viewed as the template others should follow.
Set the standards for others, and you never have these sort of issues.

I can only hope that the very senior people at the club are annoyed that this has been going on, and not simply annoyed that we have been caught out, despite others almost certainly doing the same sort of thing.

It's sounds like the club will not appeal these charges, so it is clearly a sign of guilt. Whilst these things do happen, we should now be looking to do things the right way. Sadly, this is another example where management need to come out and tell us what they are going to do to put things right. To me there needs to be a changes in the working culture within the club. Big changes are certainly required within the administration team. After that it would seem the owners need to review their recruitment process. Are the people with the right interests being attracted to work for Manchester City FC? My fear is many of those people coming into the organisation have aspirations of working for the wider City Football Group. It's time to learn from these mistakes and move forward. One things for sure all the recent errors and mistakes that have resulted in penalties and fines are bad PR for the club and should have been avoided at all costs.
I am not sure if it is really relevant, but the times I have dealt with the club concerning membership and purchasing of merchandising stuff have not exactly given me strong confidence in the club administration. I spent I don't know how many phone calls to get the club to charge me only once for last years Cityzens membership. If the same competence and diligence is applied to the way we recruit academy players and to how we fill in the registration forms for FA it is no great surprise that we are in trouble. My impression is the club needs to shape up administration wise in all departments. Then again perhaps I am not right in extrapolating my personal experiences into the general running of the club.

The thing that annoys me the most about this is how other fans now perceive the club. Because there is no transparency we're now the corrupt ones. We failed the doping charge, we got done on kids transfers, we couldn't sign Jesus, we failed FFP.
I know we failed ffp because of corrupt Uefa changes to the guidelines. I know the admin cock up wasn't ott for the drugs issue and there are other clubs that have failed this, but fa have chosen not to release details. Kids transfers, they have day after day about why Liverpool failed. Us no incentives but we failed, no reasoning at all...

Agree it doesn't look good on us. Again!

I don't understand tbf. We created fantastic facilities and schooler ships for those we are interested in. So why forcing the rules when most of the ones you want will come anyway.

We are so professional yet so amateurish.

Btw I doubt it'll hurt us too much but only time will tell.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.