Txiki Begiristain

As I’ve said elsewhere, Txiki buys to order, based on stats and scouting. Stats drive views, views get him in front of the major players at the Club, and a decision is made.

However, we also have to remember that the club take a significant interest in off field activities, too. Is the off field player of the correct profile they’re looking for? Sometimes, that means passing on a player others admire.

The holistic approach works well, helps create good camaraderie and chemistry amongst the team, and is the reason (early on) given for the clear out of a few players.

There can be only one Boss, and anyone (or anything) that serves to undermine that has to go.

It has worked well for Pep, albeit with significant resistance at Bayern (where Pep was unable to flex, mold or bend the backtoom staff or Executive to his will), and is somewhat unique to see...a manager/coach, Sporting Director, and a CEO all working so hand in glove.

Txiki May not get things done on the schedule that some fans desire (I wanted Aouar in this window), but his long term record has to be respected.

Anyone who thinks that the CFG, the most strategically run business in footbalL, will not have a plan to replace Sergio at the end of his contract is utterly bonkers. The lists wIll have been drawn some time ago and Initial interest gauged.

In my mind there are 2 obstacles preventing the club making concrete moves for players at present.

1. Pep’s contract situation
2. FFP restrictions / lack of security of income during the pandemic

There will need to be clarity in both these areas before the club will embark on moving forward on the star striker replacement.
Nail and head here! I am lucky to have had the 2020 vision shared with me and the points you state indeed made all the difference and a total revision of targets!

As long as the Coronavirus is infectious in most countries. The heads of UEFA will not be to bothered about clubs breaking the FFP rules. This is so long as they don't go and spend to far over the liimit.

So Txiki could have spent about £40 million on a proven striker. If they went after us then Chelsea would have to be done as well. Seeing that have spent over £200 million on players. That is nearly three times what we spent on players

So the question has to be asked, who has the final say on transfers Pep or Txiki Bergirisitain. If Pep has the final say, then why not go after a proven striker.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.