U17 WC Final England v Spain 28th 1530 hrs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Assuming we beat Napoli next week, there will be no excuses for Foden not to play a part in our final two CL games.

In my opinion he's almost guaranteed to play in the Carabao Cup 5th round and Shakhtar away (we should beat Feyenoord at home) but like you say, it would be great if we could beat Napoli away and then we all get to see him vs Feyenoord.

Brilliant effort from every one of them. The physical changes that they will go through in the next 2-3 years will always play a role in how far they eventually go, but I'd be amazed if 4-5 of these aren't playing regularly in the top 2 divisions soon within a couple of years. Also a shout out to the coaching at youth level.

In my opinion he's almost guaranteed to play in the Carabao Cup 5th round and Shakhtar away (we should beat Feyenoord at home) but like you say, it would be great if we could beat Napoli away and then we all get to see him vs Feyenoord.
Foden's not in the CL squad

The thing about the young players is that it is hard for them to make it at City, it's bound to be. The quality of the first team is so high that a youth footballer has to be seriously talented to break through, and there aren't many of those. It's the same at Chelsea - lots of these players go on to have good careers at a slightly lower level without being quite good enough for the first team at the very best clubs.

The problem is that this isn't the point that gets made. And that's annoying.
Fodenio will be on every major European team's radar, he was before this tournament.

He's ready for first team football now, been picking apart top class youth sides for well over a year. To play like that in an U17 World Cup Semi Final against Brazil is about as good as it gets at this level. He was superb today.

Tough to get lots of game time in our squad but whenever it's possible we have to try.

As it was a BBC programme, I take it that all the world class u17 players attached to the Rags were injured as I didn't hear any of their names mentioned ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.