U18's games/results 2016/17

Joel Lati was great. Up against a giant of a CF - genuinely Lukaku sized and he was really strong and a proper leader. Gonzalez had a mixed game - some moments of brilliance but others where he overthought things. I really like his attitude and desire though and he's definitely a very good little forward with plenty of ability. Never stops running and has loads of skill.
Is Gonzalez the number 9 here?

rxMaNw1.jpg

https://www.mancity.com/en/news/aca...-u18-premier-league-21-december/1482172223362

If so then he's never going to be the tallest player on the pitch but he's built like the proverbial brick outhouse. Is he speedy at all despite his physique?

It also shows that Poveda needs a new barber. What the hell has he done with his hair? Cornrows with zigzags shaved in the side.

Agreed,i'm pretty old fashioned myself,blackboots etc.......hopefully just a bit of fun and it doesnt mean he believes he's already the superstar.

Maybe a few of the other lads will inform him he looks a proper nob.

I am with TS on this. Not their best today but 5.2 anyway against quite a strong Stoke team. Especially first half as maybe we allowed Stoke's strength and defending in depth approach to blunt us but after the break we just attacked quciker and better and won more balls back in key areas.

Tom Dele Bashiru was a different player in the second half and could easily have scored himsel. I think Carsley would have had words at half time. Once this team gets on a roll goals can come quickly and today showed that as a tight game became 4 nil in no time.

The whole team are a pleasure to watch. Individually it's quite hard to decide between Sancho and Foden as the main one to watch. Neither was perfect today but some of Foden's control and touches on the run were sublime and his goal an absolute gem. Sancho, an incredible talent and threat, probably overdid it a few times today but makes things happen almost all the time and you just want to see him on the ball.

And the award for joke of the day goes to the referee who gave a penalty against Latibeaudierre. What a crazy decision as he had played the ball as clean as a whistle and stayed on his feet. Joel got booked for his protestations but was so incensed I thought he might keep going a get a red.

Agreed,i'm pretty old fashioned myself,blackboots etc.......hopefully just a bit of fun and it doesnt mean he believes he's already the superstar.

Maybe a few of the other lads will inform him he looks a proper nob.

To be honest I don't mind them doing things like that. So much of modern day football academies is making them follow strict rules to keep them on the right path, always acting sensibly, feet on the ground, not letting them get distracted with sex drugs and rock and roll etc. Fitness plans, dietary plans, expected grades at school, training every day, going to bed early.

They are still kids at the end of the day and kids, teenagers especially, need to have some individuality.

They sacrifice big parts of their adolescence to try and succeed in the game so if having a stupid hairstyle stops him from rebelling against the very strict regime he's on and going off the tracks, I say let him do what he wants with it.

He does look like a right nob though, I expect he'll be cringing at these photos in a few years.

To be honest I don't mind them doing things like that. So much of modern day football academies is making them follow strict rules to keep them on the right path, always acting sensibly, feet on the ground, not letting them get distracted with sex drugs and rock and roll etc. Fitness plans, dietary plans, expected grades at school, training every day, going to bed early.

They are still kids at the end of the day and kids, teenagers especially, need to have some individuality.

They sacrifice big parts of their adolescence to try and succeed in the game so if having a stupid hairstyle stops him from rebelling against the very strict regime he's on and going off the tracks, I say let him do what he wants with it.

He does look like a right nob though, I expect he'll be cringing at these photos in a few years.

Youre absolutely spot on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.