U21 UEFA European Championship

Crosses into the box, long throws and lumping it up front, is this what we've now resorted to? Zero creativity.

Why on earth is Nathan Redmond STILL playing for the U21's? He 23 and has about 40 caps now, surely there's nothing left for him to learn at this level?

Agreed. But the biggest point is, why the **** is aidy boothroyd in charge of these
He is an absolute dinosaur.
I have a mate who was strength and conditioning coach at northampton when he was there and he swears blind Boothroyd never once asked his players to pass, and his entire session was based on giving the ball to their full backs in space and bombing diags up to a 6ft 5inch striker
Whilst thats acceptable and probably needed at that level, its nothing at all like what these 'kids' need

I genuinely cannot believe the has-beens littering the coaching positions across the country at the moment

I believe the U21's, being the closest step to the national/senior team (despite them being totally separate and usually by-passed by any player with talent/1 united appearance), should be managed by a former player with some credible standing and a volume of caps to guide them into that next step.

Lampard/Gerrard should have been benchmarked for it immediately with an older head who has some standing too to oversee it, it would have been a perfect position for a Hodgson to guide someone with before he was pathetically given the big time job.

Could go on for hours about the FA and their structure, but NOTHING will change in these real and senior tournaments unless they get some proper football people in.

I believe the U21's, being the closest step to the national/senior team (despite them being totally separate and usually by-passed by any player with talent/1 united appearance), should be managed by a former player with some credible standing and a volume of caps to guide them into that next step.

They had that with Pearce and Southgate though, and neither were particularly impressive at U21 level.

Just flicked it on and have watched the last 5 minutes or so. I genuinely looked at the score in the top corner of the screen to see if the ENG had a little red card above it or something.

Just flicked it on and have watched the last 5 minutes or so. I genuinely looked at the score in the top corner of the screen to see if the ENG had a little red card above it or something.

England will be pleased with the win but it's a bit sad to see how a tiny country like Slovakia seem to have players so far ahead in terms of skill and technique than the England side. The better side lost which seems to happen quite regularly at this level. A triumph of brawn and pace over skill.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.