Ukraine v England | Euro 2020 Quarter Final

What will the result be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Wc semi. Euros semi. Nation's Cup semi. Not conceded in the Euro's, beat Germany first time in tournament competition. Best win rate of ANY modern England manager...... Luck.

You do know how ridiculous that sounds?
Well I explained why I think he should be getting to where he has as a bare minimum.
Yes, I think he's been very lucky. England fans will see those results and be happy so good on them. Doesn't change how I feel about the situation.

England can do a lot better than they currently doing under Southgate. Even against Ukraine there were a few wobbles. Not enough to effect the result as such but enough to be very wary going into the Semi Final

come off it mate. We are in a semi final, beaten Germany and played some nice football.

wobbles against Ukraine haha we battered them. They had one or two chances the entire game and they weren’t even clear chances.every team gets one or two chances against city..

if we’d have won the game 8-0 I still don’t think you’d be happy. You want a perfect game from a side that hasn’t won anything in decades. You sound like Arsene wenger.

come off it mate. We are in a semi final, beaten Germany and played some nice football.

wobbles against Ukraine haha we battered them. They had one or two chances the entire game and they weren’t even clear chances.

if we’d have won the game 8-0 I still don’t think you’d be happy. You want a perfect game from a side that hasn’t won anything in decades. You sound like Arsene wenger.
Pickford a few times looked like his Everton self on a few occasions during the Ukraine game. Better sides would really punish that. The two early group stages wasn't too clever either. Germany game was even. Muller's miss was crucial. Not as straight forward or secure as results suggest.

Pickford a few times looked like his Everton self on a few occasions during the Ukraine game. Better sides would really punish that. The two early group stages wasn't too clever either. Germany game was even. Muller's miss was crucial. Not as straight forward or secure as results suggest.

better sides like who? Germany? Portugal? France? Belgium, Spain?. They’ve looked beyond average and played much worse then England most of the time.

Pickford has been really good most of this tournament. Ederson makes mistakes at times. Every player does.

the group stage games aren’t relevant now. It’s like your looking for the tiniest error or miss placed pass to moan about. I don’t get it.

Please answer this - if city had won the champions league and played defensively would you be unhappy. I’d apply that to before we’d won the league under Mancini . Your honestly telling my you’d be unhappy if we played defensively and won our first trophy in 34 years?

England aren’t event playing poor or that defensively either. I’m just trying to understand why you are so critical. I’ll take any result if it means we win the euros

better sides like who? Germany? Portugal? France? Belgium, Spain?. They’ve looked beyond average and played much worse then England most of the time.

Pickford has been really good most of this tournament. Ederson makes mistakes at times. Every player does.

the group stage games aren’t relevant now. It’s like your looking for the tiniest error or miss placed pass to moan about. I don’t get it.

Please answer this - if city had won the champions league and played defensively would you be unhappy. I’d apply that to before we’d won the league under Mancini . Your honestly telling my you’d be unhappy if we played defensively and won our first trophy in 34 years?

England aren’t event playing poor or that defensively either. I’m just trying to understand why you are so critical. I’ll take any result if it means we win the euros
England hadn't look much better than the sides mentioned. They took their chances in the Germany game but relied on Pickford's early second half save and Muller fluffing his lines after Sterling's opening goal to get through. England didn't exactly steam roller them.

Some may not be enjoying England getting to a 2nd major tournament semi-final, me, I’m fucking loving it.
There are a few sad and unhappy people yeah.

It's the ones trying to convince everyone else to be unhappy that gets me, I mean why even come into these threads - trolls

Hes a fraud of a manager who has been extremely lucky to get relatively easy draws in the last two tournaments and so progressed as he should due to the quality of players at his disposal.
Of course it's all about results and many England fans aren't arsed how said results come about as long as they do.
That's fair enough, nothing wrong with that but don't try and kid anybody that you are doing anything but the bare minimim expected with the opposition faced so far.
The 4-0 win was great for the country and hopefully its followed with another great result on Wednesday, but if its not, and they are beaten by an OK but not fantastic Denmark side then it'll be hard to keep the narrative going that he's doing a great job and getting to a couple of semi finals prove it.
The semi is the bare minimum expected from the draws they have had.
The fact they play ultra defensive is neither here nor there but having some of the best attacking players in Europe at your disposal and failing to come up with a way to utilise them better tells me he isn't a great manager, just a very lucky one.
Often I'm on the same wavelength as you Pablo on here but not on this one mate - each to their own. eh? ;) :)

I look back to us in the league last season and so much of it was control, control, control.... In 15 of our league games last season (40% of the time) we didn't score or only scored 1. We won 6 of those games, drew 5 and lost 4.
And that's with the best manager in the world and a squad including some of the best attacking talent in the world.

In another 10 games we scored just twice - taking us up to 65% of the time we scored 2 or less and we weren't blowing teams away.

I think that puts some perspective on where we are with England right now. I know big sections of games have been dull but hey ho I've enjoyed the Raheem factor enormously and obviously would have enjoyed it more if there was a Phil factor as well.

Often I'm on the same wavelength as you Pablo on here but not on this one mate - each to their own. eh? ;) :)

I look back to us in the league last season and so much of it was control, control, control.... In 15 of our league games last season (40% of the time) we didn't score or only scored 1. We won 6 of those games, drew 5 and lost 4.
And that's with the best manager in the world and a squad including some of the best attacking talent in the world.

In another 10 games we scored just twice - taking us up to 65% of the time we scored 2 or less and we weren't blowing teams away.

I think that puts some perspective on where we are with England right now. I know big sections of games have been dull but hey ho I've enjoyed the Raheem factor enormously and obviously would have enjoyed it more if there was a Phil factor as well.
I’m not invested enough to disagree with anything you’ve said mate - I’m just sulking because Phil is missing out. :-)

England hadn't look much better than the sides mentioned. They took their chances in the Germany game but relied on Pickford's early second half save and Muller fluffing his lines after Sterling's opening goal to get through. England didn't exactly steam roller them.
Do you have to steam roller teams to win a comp?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.