ULEZ Letter

Glasgow City Council has made a nice cool 500k in fines in the first 4 months of their racket, announced today.

Is the air cleaner?

Is it fuck.

Sounds as though the air is still getting polluted by cars ineligible to be there, hence the fines.

Ineligible?

Does the government allow you to road tax the vehicle and insure it for use on the roads?

If these cars where so bad for the climate and atmosphere, shouldn’t they just be banned or are we ok with some arbitrary line in a map deciding a fine or not whilst we pretend we are doing good for the climate?

Ineligible?

Does the government allow you to road tax the vehicle and insure it for use on the roads?

If these cars where so bad for the climate and atmosphere, shouldn’t they just be banned or are we ok with some arbitrary line in a map deciding a fine or not whilst we pretend we are doing good for the climate?
I’ve no idea, but in clean air zones, only certain vehicles are eligible.

If you want them all totally banned, start a petition. It’s a different debate altogetherl

I’ve no idea, but in clean air zones, only certain vehicles are eligible.

If you want them all totally banned, start a petition. It’s a different debate altogetherl

It’s a pointless money making racket pretending to be doing good is what it is.

We won’t agree, as usual so will leave it there mate ;-)

It’s a pointless money making racket pretending to be doing good is what it is.

We won’t agree, as usual so will leave it there mate ;-)
It will come in across the board when the infrastructure/technology is in there to have a majority of emissionless vehicles.

I’ve got no issue with cities reducing the amount of noxious gases in the air by charging in their centres, with possible exemptions for certain work etc.

Id assume that if anyone rocked up at the Etihad and started smoking in their seat that they’d get turfed out. Just another example of a clean air policy.

I’m happy to leave it as this is where I sit and you seem to want clean air zones to be 0% or 100% of all air.

It isn’t binary to me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.