Underrated Bands

Lucky Toma said:
Clap Your Hands Say Yeah are a fantastic band.

Some others that spring to mind -

South
Maps
Neutral Milk Hotel
Radio Dept
And the utterly sublime Idlewild.

South and The Radio Dept would have been two of my suggestions. Nice to see The Longcut mentioned too.

I'll add The Electric Soft Parade, Cajun Dance Party/Yuck and Sad Day For Puppets

Shands, I loved Holes In The Wall but then for some reason Electric Soft Parade just fell completely off my radar. Are there other two albums as good mate?

Great shout for Cajun Dance Party. Colourful Life my favourite feel-good song ever. Could be in the shittiest of moods and this will pick me right up.

Lucky Toma said:
Shands, I loved Holes In The Wall but then for some reason Electric Soft Parade just fell completely off my radar. Are there other two albums as good mate?

Great shout for Cajun Dance Party. Colourful Life my favourite feel-good song ever. Could be in the shittiest of moods and this will pick me right up.

great song by CDP, The Colourful Life album itself is brilliant to, The Race is amazing.

Lucky Toma said:

Well ESP's 2nd Album 'The American Adventure' is a little hit and miss, it's more experimental than the first, they seemed to focus on trying to get big orchestral soundscapes but forgot about the basic quality of the songs a bit.

After that they did a 6 tack EP called 'The Human Body' which is good, it was the fruition of what The American Adventure should of been.

3rd album 'No Need To Be Downhearted' is excellent, It's my favourite one of everything they've done. A very positive album.

As for Cajun Dance Party 'The Colourful Life' is a cracking summer album, it makes me feel 14 again!!. I think they suffered a bit because the singer sounded and looked like the guy from the Kooks, which is a shame cos there's a lot more too them. Amylaze was a belting song.

They've split up now but two of the band have formed a new group 'Yuck'. They mix Garage rock/shoegaze. Debut single is out tomorrow and there's some free downloads on NME.com and RCRDLBL.

http://www.myspace.com/yuckband

Cheers mate. Will check out Yuck and No Need To Be Downhearted.

I think they suffered a bit because the singer sounded and looked like the guy from the Kooks, which is a shame cos there's a lot more too them

Thats exactly why my mates dismiss them. We all share a hatred of the Kooks (especially the singer) but I keep thelling them they have to get past the vocal similarities.

Lucky Toma said:
Cheers mate. Will check out Yuck and No Need To Be Downhearted.

I think they suffered a bit because the singer sounded and looked like the guy from the Kooks, which is a shame cos there's a lot more too them

Thats exactly why my mates dismiss them. We all share a hatred of the Kooks (especially the singer) but I keep thelling them they have to get past the vocal similarities.

I didn't mind the Kooks first album to a point (never have a desire to put it on though). Only heard the singles off the 2nd one and they were garbage. Regardless, while there is a little similarity between the bands, there was so much more craft, inventiveness and delicacy to CDP. I rate the album very highly.<br /><br />-- Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:59 pm --<br /><br />Thought of another one, The Vines

Overhyped for the first album but unfairly shunned completely since then. Craig Nicholls writes some gorgeous songs, I think Slowdive were a big influence.

Winning Days, Spaceship, True as the night and Vision Valley are fantastic songs.

...and you will know us by the trail of dead.

Seriously underrated band. They should be massive but I think a lot of people are put off by the name and think they are some kind of metal band when in fact they are an indie band really although slightly different from your average indie band

goldfrapp

black cherry is one of the best albums of the last decade.

The replacements, lemonheads and violent femmes....great bands that have got nowhere near the credit that thier peers like Pixies, Pavement, Dinosaur Jr, Nirvana have got.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.