Underrated Bands

Lucky Toma said:
Shack. Great band. Never quite made it.

Also, for me, two bands who did achieve success but should have gone a lot further were The Bluetones and Shed Seven.

Great shout re Shed Seven mate.

Always ridiculed by musical snobs, while the similar sounding Killers, get/got all the plaudits, but listen to their Best Of, it's brilliant Rick Witter's a top front man.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaK6Ytri26s[/youtube]

Brings back top memories this. A great summer of singing songs to fit girls in flowery dresses and discussing upcoming festival plans.

You're right mate. Rick was an ace frontman who crafted catchy uplifting songs. Fantastic live too.

Sun Jihai's ghost said:
The replacements, lemonheads and violent femmes....great bands that have got nowhere near the credit that thier peers like Pixies, Pavement, Dinosaur Jr, Nirvana have got.

"It's a Shame About Ray" is an unbelievable album. Not many tunes over 3 minutes but all could be singles.

Evan Dando is one hell of a good frontman as well. The good looking bastard!!

a top band that never gets any mention is The Cloudroom

Give tracks such as Blackout and Hey Now Now

a listen and tell me i am wrong !!

Lucky Toma said:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaK6Ytri26s[/youtube]

Brings back top memories this. A great summer of singing songs to fit girls in flowery dresses and discussing upcoming festival plans.

You're right mate. Rick was an ace frontman who crafted catchy uplifting songs. Fantastic live too.

were they underrated though? they shifted a lot of units in their pomp

Sun Jihai's ghost said:
The replacements, lemonheads and violent femmes....great bands that have got nowhere near the credit that thier peers like Pixies, Pavement, Dinosaur Jr, Nirvana have got.

Yes!

Let it be and please to meet me are great albums. Really love the replacements but only really got into them after reading our band could be your life

Re:

Pearcey said:
Idlewild
The Decemberists
Old Crow Medicine Show
I Am Kloot

Idlewild and Old Crow are both in my top 10 bands of all time. I grew up listening to Idlewild in my teenage years and discovered Old Crow Medicine Show a few years ago when I got into Americana/bluegrass/folk music. I've been to see them twice live and they are undoubtedly one of the most fun live bands to go and see.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.