United 2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are, but unfortunately I find it difficult to look beyond them for champions. They're a shit team in terms of the overall quality of their football compared to say City or Arsenal, but they have a style of play that's very difficult to combat. First and foremost, they're a massive team. De Gea 6' 4, Shaw 6' 1, Valencia 6' 2, Bailly 6' 2, Smalling 6' 5, Carrick 6' 2, Pogba 6' 4, Bog brush 6' 4, Big nose 6' 4, even Rashford and Martial are 6' 0. That is unprecedented in the history of English football. Not even Wimbledon circa 88 come close. It allows them the luxury of a game plan predicated on little more than lumping in cross after cross after cross in the direction of Big nose and Bog brush, knowing that it takes 2 men to mark either of them, and with defensive bodies then tied up in the penalty area it is almost impossible for the opposition to break out. The pressure then becomes relentless as it did today. They aren't a particularly good side, as I said, but they have just sufficient creativity in the shape of Mata, Rashford and Martial, and pace from Martial, Rashford and Valencia, which when allied to that unbelievable physicality, allows them to play effectively on the counter against better footballing sides, whilst grinding teams down at the other end of the table via an aerial bombardment from the flanks. I genuinely don't see them losing more than 4 or 5 games all season. A shame for football, but there you go

They dont make diamonds as big as bricks for a reason.
The Barca team over the last 10 years and now would wipe the floor with them and there is / was no-one in that team much bigger than 6ft bar Pique.
A team that can play quick one touch foot and close them down will have the job done.
Fortunately there is a team in Manchester that can do that. Each and every time.

They dont make diamonds as big as bricks for a reason.
The Barca team over the last 10 years and now would wipe the floor with them and there is / was no-one in that team much bigger than 6ft bar Pique.
A team that can play quick one touch foot and close them down will have the job done.
Fortunately there is a team in Manchester that can do that. Each and every time.

Everyone seems intent on comparing us to them, but it misses my point. We may or may not beat them in the Derby, but it's how both sides are equipped to beat all the other teams in the league that will be key. As per my previous post, I don't think they'll lose more than 4 or 5 games all season, so we'll have to go some to finish above them

Everyone seems intent on comparing us to them, but it misses my point. We may or may not beat them in the Derby, but it's how both sides are equipped to beat all the other teams in the league that will be key. As per my previous post, I don't think they'll lose more than 4 or 5 games all season, so we'll have to go some to finish above them

The point you were making or how it appears, is that you find it difficult to look beyond them as champions. Most people have just gone for the quickest route to disagree and used City as an example. As you have done in your last sentence. Maybe we wont but others are as equally well set up.
Your comparison of them with Wimbledon, as a playing style, makes little sense in terms of success, as their only success was the FA Cup and that was a shock. I don't think they will be looking at their expenditure as a success if they win the FA Cup.
To lose 4 or 5 matches would not have won the league in the last 2 years and i think only us have won the title in the last 10 years having lost more. It would put them in the mix but not guarantee a win as per the last 10 years.

Have you watched Rashford outside the box?

He is fucking useless compared to Ian. His dribbling is poor and his control is no better. Iheanacho is far superior in both these departments.

Nacho reminds me of the goat. He looks awkward as hell sometimes. No bad thing though as the goat is my fave ever player.

I'm always so bloody apprehensive and nervy on derby day. All anxious and tense. Then depending upon the result I'll either be a hermit for a week or so or I'll be out there giving it to every fucking stinking rag who crosses my path.
I hate derby days but at least this is on early so less time to get wound up.The whole week in 2012 was really pushed by the media and i was shitting myself all week,god love vinny though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.