United (A) | Post Match Thread

You are correct that the ‘words’ of the clause don‘t expressly mention his type of interference as an offside.

However, he was ‘shepherding the ball’ and protecting it from the defenders.

He was actively playing the ball by doing this, he doesn’t need to touch it, that is clear in the clause.

If Rashford is knowingly doing this then thats cheating and unsportsmanlike conduct as well so should have been given a yellow card.

You have to understand how to interpret laws, rules and regualtions and, if you do, you know this goal should have been disallowed.
Agree on the interpretation comment.
I think FI is saying the actual words of the clause don’t expressly mention what Rashford did..…but I don’t think they need to.

I think it shows how bad the decision was that nobody’s even mentioned the full back just barging Marhez over from behind 6/7 times without a booking or Ratty not getting booked for Marhez tackle with studs 2ft in the air or when he fouled again 30 seconds later

I digress, we’re currently awful

Of course he did . What are you talking about. It’s like you know you’ve made a mistake in what you are talking about but rather than hold your hands up and admit you’re wrong you’re banging on with a load of rubbish.

I could say the same about you for being a stubborn **** and not looking at it from another perspective,one that the law states......so what mistake are you about?

The other big appointment for me today are some of the bogus criticisms on here of City and Pep today. If there ever was a day to stick together it was this, especially after what happened. I thought we played really well in terms of game management today. Nothing stupid in the first half, total control in the second until the 'event'. On any day at any other ground that 'goal' gets ruled out for offside (bar one other place of course) and City go on to win the game, and everyone on here comments on how controlled we were.

Instead the result gets stolen and its an excuse for blue toys to get thrown out of blue prams....
Serious question, agreed the goal shouldn’t have stood. At that stage it was 1-1. Game management would have earned a draw at the very least?

Should be offside as that is the first offence….but we all know the rag would get a free kick in that situation.
It's not the first offence. This is how mad the law is:

a player in an offside position is moving towards the ball with the intention of playing the ball and is fouled before playing or attempting to play the ball, or challenging an opponent for the ball, the foul is penalised as it has occurred before the offside offence

Almost certainly been posted on the thread, but should be posted over and over, a hundred times, till the thread is closed or abandoned:

"If a player isn’t interfering with play then he shouldn’t be on the pitch."
— Brian Howard Clough

to be complemented that other great manager (I think, to Ian St John):

"If you’re not interfering with play then you should be."
— Bill Shankly
Cloghie:

“If any one of my players isn’t interfering with play, they’re not getting paid.”

I think it shows how bad the decision was that nobody’s even mentioned the full back just barging Marhez over from behind 6/7 times without a booking or Ratty not getting booked for Marhez tackle with studs 2ft in the air or when he fouled again 30 seconds later

I digress, we’re currently awful
This has been happening for weeks now. Multiple blatant yellow card offences being allowed by the ref, its endangering our players. Only a matter of time before someone slides in or leaves their foot in, knowing they won't be punished for it and we'll cop an injury.

Today, that annoyed me as much as the other decisions that went against us.

In our previous game 73% possession no shots on target, against the rags 70% possession 1 shot on target(the rags had 4 on target) . Our strikes on goal in our last 5 league games puts us in the bottom four.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.