United (A) | Post Match Thread

Yes thats right, VAR can't overrule the referee, but they can 'advise' a referee to review a decsion which is code for 'you have got that wrong' change the decision.

I should have said, 'VAR Failed to advise the referee to review (and therefore change) his decision'.
I doubt Twatwell would have bothered, he bottled it when Rat face and co surrounded him with the plastic fans egging them on.
Pep called it out after the match without directly saying so.

The other big appointment for me today are some of the bogus criticisms on here of City and Pep today. If there ever was a day to stick together it was this, especially after what happened. I thought we played really well in terms of game management today. Nothing stupid in the first half, total control in the second until the 'event'. On any day at any other ground that 'goal' gets ruled out for offside (bar one other place of course) and City go on to win the game, and everyone on here comments on how controlled we were.

Instead the result gets stolen and its an excuse for blue toys to get thrown out of blue prams....
Its the modern day fan. Support ony happens when we win.
I've no problem with criticism but some on here go from Pep fanatics one week, to haters the next.

Wow. Surprised at that.
If I was a bottom of the table coach, I'd be telling one of my players to constantly be offside and use every element of that law in their favour. If it goes out to the wing first, there's no question they're not offside, so you don't even need pace, just goal hang and let the law do the rest

Its all down to interpretation of a grey area,and when it becomes personal,like today,you are going to sway to the side that suits......

I can only reiterate my stance,the law is fucking bollocks.Offside is offside and that should be the end of it.

The game has been ruined by wankers.

"The game has been ruined by wankers"

Absolutely spot on.

Sick to the back teeth of it,even before today's clusterfuck.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.