United (A) | Post Match Thread

The question is will we do something about it ? Will we go in January and give the squad a lift like Laporte did all those years ago ?

Watching the documentary from last season. it was clear Txiki and Omar were so keen to get across that we aren’t the biggest spenders. However surely now is the time to plug the evident gaps. Lots stop caring what people think of us. Chelsea clearly don’t care. Heck even Arsenal have been throwing it about and would have done more if they could

The big thing for me is there is literally 0 pace in this team

We played Walker to nullify rashford and where was he on both those goals ?

Amazing that Liverpool are at their weakest and we aren’t looking like we will take advantage of this.
I said the same thing about Walker. I was confident he'd be able to handle his pace on the break but Walker was playing in that stupid central midfielder role for most of that 2nd half, he was miles up the pitch when Akanji gave possession away.

Fernandes was allowed to run because Walker wasn’t switched on. If he defended to the whistle this would have been a non event. You can’t put faith in the officials because they’ve shown incompetence for years.
As to Walker maybe he was focusing on Rashford?
Point is Eddie's 'ability to play the ball' was definitely hindered by Rashford and the goal should not have stood for that reason alone if not also for the effect his run had on the other City defenders.
Not that it does us any good but the FA should clarify how the current offside ruling applies to this incident.
I suspect they will only do this ( if at all) following a period of time after which the controversy has died down.

It absolutely PAINS me to say this, but the Rag's winning the league this season will be the biggest phoenix from the flames story since Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets.

I genuinely believe the stars are beginning to line up EXACTLY where the PL want them, and after what we all witnessed yesterday they are being given EVERY opportunity to make it happen.

I really hope I am wrong about this...
Don't worry, they're still to go to Arsenal, Spurs, Newcastle, Liverpool, Brighton...they've fluked a win over us, beat Arsenal at home thanks to another dodgy refereeing call...I could go on.
They're having a good run at the moment but aren't really especially good.

We play too safe at times, Bernardo had opportunities to play Haarland in,in the channels and then turns back out with the ball.
Bernardo at times really slows us down, along with mahrez. They both want the ball to feet and so we lack penetration, we need to open teams up and get in behin. De bruyne could play in 4 or 5 different positions in this team and be first choice in them all.

I've been saying that for months about Bernie, been pap for ages...plus made it clear he would rather be elsewhere. Seems immune to criticism, oddly

I would just wish him well, but he couldn't have made his indifference any clearer yesterday.

Was so disappointing to see and Phil has dropped off a cliff since signing his new deal.

Pleased for Jack though, you could see how much of a big moment he has been waiting for.

Don't worry, they're still to go to Arsenal, Spurs, Newcastle, Liverpool, Brighton...they've fluked a win over us, beat Arsenal at home thanks to another dodgy refereeing call...I could go on.
They're having a good run at the moment but aren't really especially good.
They were't especially good against us either. We were WELL on on top when they were gifted a goal from a situation we defended perfectly (right up until the moment it wasn't given offside).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.