Stones
Gvaridol

Rodri
Bernardo
Foden

Doku
Alvarez
Haaland

Fuck knows what the team will be...Attack the fuck out of them and batter the bastards.
I'd be happy with that as starting 11

They could quite easily arrange for representatives of both clubs to lay a wreath for both before a minutes silence, thereby recognising and remembering both and reducing the possibility of tribute being disrupted.
Think that's been confirmed

First and foremost, a win is the most important objective on Sunday. Would love it though if we turn up and play our A game and demolish them.

I think Ten Hag will be cautious and play two out of Arambat, McTominay and Casemiro. They are a danger on the counter, but needless to say they will be a lot more worried about us.
He might even play all 3

You're asking the wrong blue about their thoughts on Walker. Ha.

He's a legend of the club and the English game for that matter. I respect what he's done for City but I'm in the small minority who thought it was the perfect time to move on from him. Or at most give him one more year on his deal. To give him a deal until he's 37 was madness IMO. I'm aware that he's very well-liked within the dressing room but so are a lot of lads, and I don't think we're short of leaders either- the difference is they don't end up in the papers for doing something idiotic every season.

I digress. The main reason I thought it was time to move on is solely in a sporting sense. I just think that for a team that dominates the ball as much as we do, he doesn't contribute in the buildup or attacking third enough. He's good for an overlap every now and then but how often does it lead to something? If he was more or less always brain-fart-free defensively then I could justify him being a nailed-on starter more in my eyes, but he's not. If he were, do you really think Pep would have dropped him for Akanji in arguably the biggest game of his City tenure? I don't.

As for Sunday- I admittedly think Rico Lewis DOES have a future as a fullback and far worse players than him have managed to keep Rashford quiet this season. I'll take that risk and bet on Rico to hold his own versus Rashford while reaping the benefits of more or less another midfielder to help us dominate the middle, and create chances in the attacking third(which we've struggled to do more times than not in the league thus far).
The same Akanji that had a brainfart in the final and bar an amazing save from Ederson we would have been 1 down

Having been to dozens of derby games over the years and the dislike i have for the Rags this game really isnt bothering me , last season i was annoyed because we were absolutely robbed , if the Rags had beaten us with legitimate goals i would have thought C'est La Vie , the underdogs have scraped a win in full knowledge we had every chance of lifting trophies later in the season
Having not lived in Manchester area for over 20 years and our dominance over the Rags , i can just about handle a team of chancers scraping a narrow victory , it just doesnt hurt like it used to. Probably because our next derby win and trophy is just around the corner , the Rags are alsorans and i love it when we hammer them and put them back in their box , but losing to a team that depends on officials and VAR , hard work and defending for their lives , they are just paying us the ultimate respect , they are shit scared of a proper hiding today , in contrast our worry is they get a dodgy decision and ride their luck and scrape a result.
The big difference between the clubs now is our supporters look forward to derby games with confidence the Rags fans look at derby games with trepidation and damage limitation in their thoughts.

The game itself doesn't bother me, but I never like visiting that cespit and having to encounter the trogs that reside there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.