United and Liverpool EFL project - proposal rejected

I'd love to know where we stand on this officially as a club, because I strongly suspect the club and its supporter base could be as far apart today as they have ever been.

I have absolutely no interest in where this is aimed, if it was to truly help the EFL then yes I'd be in (the FA can go f**k themselves either way), but I very much doubt this is really what is behind it.

We'd be for it so long as we are on an equal footing with the rags and dippers in every aspect, financially and decision making. We won't comment publically, the rags and dippers will take all the plaudits, but more likely the flak for the grasping greedy idea it is.

They see Wolves, Everton and possibly even Villa and Leicester creeping up on them, as well as us, Spurs,Chelsea and Arsenal and their fear is very real. They won't stop at these proposals, they won't be happy until they are both sharing the trophies between themselves once more. The rest of football can now see them for the shitehouses they really are, making their move when clubs are desperate due to the present crisis.

We'd be for it so long as we are on an equal footing with the rags and dippers in every aspect, financially and decision making. We won't comment publically, the rags and dippers will take all the plaudits, but more likely the flak for the grasping greedy idea it is.
Sadly, in the comments I've seen online we seem to be taking more stick from the idiots than anyone else (we know who they support), even though it's not clear what our position actually is, but it seems "six out of nine" means the big six, which in league terms we currently are, yet we don't actually seem to part of the nine.

We're getting stitched up here but I doubt we'll do anything about it, and if we are really party to it, then it's not what the majority of our fanbase will support imho, it doesn't have my backing because like most I can see it for what it is a power grab by two clubs, and despite that some of the proposals I'd back.

Yes, totally agree. A lot of people on here suggesting city are complicit with this amazes me. We are in a fantastic position financially and our two main rivals are on the ropes, why we would help to bail them out now I don't know.
Liverpool are on the ropes? Man Utd maybe but not Liverpool? I'd love to hear that they were but I'd expect their revenues to be right up there or even ahead of City by now.

Seems there’s some support for this in the lower leagues.

EFL clubs could 'disappear within five to six weeks' - Leyton Orient chairman​

But he added: "One thing I need to quash is, this isn't about the pandemic, this is about a crisis in football that goes back many years.

"Before the pandemic, 75% of clubs were losing money - that can't continue. The pandemic has, if you like, exacerbated the problem and we need to get it fixed.

Sounds bad. Think I’ll read some more...

"I know you are talking about 'Project Big Picture' - this is a great proposal as far as we are concerned. It is certainly very promising and clubs need it.

"Something like this has to go through."

Wow. He’s really keen about this idea. Wonder if there’s a catch...

"Just to be brutally honest, I live in Boston [in the United States]. I know [Liverpool owner] John W Henry.

Oh.

So of all the Chairman in the FL the one who comes out in support lives in Boston. Nothing to see here

Sadly, in the comments I've seen online we seem to be taking more stick from the idiots than anyone else (we know who they support), even though it's not clear what our position actually is, but it seems "six out of nine" means the big six, which in league terms we currently are, yet we don't actually seem to part of the nine.

We're getting stitched up here but I doubt we'll do anything about it, and if we are really party to it, then it's not what the majority of our fanbase will support imho, it doesn't have my backing because like most I can see it for what it is a power grab by two clubs, and despite that some of the proposals I'd back.

Well our name isn't on it, nor are we named, it's two clubs, we are only mentioned as being one of the nine. Of course if they think they'll get a majority they'll.try and amend it to reduce our say.

They need to be carefully of killing the golden goose. No fan's are going to turn up every week for a competition they'll never win and two watch the rags and dippers hammer their clubs everytime they play them.

Well our name isn't on it, nor are we named, it's two clubs, we are only mentioned as being one of the nine. Of course if they think they'll get a majority they'll.try and amend it to reduce our say.
I thought we were 10th out of the 9 ?

hey need to be carefully of killing the golden goose. No fan's are going to turn up every week for a competition they'll never win and two watch the rags and dippers hammer their clubs everytime they play them.
Absolutely.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.