United away - pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it'll be much tougher than some think to come away from there with anything. Obviously I hope I'm wrong.

I think Mourinho will know that he can't match us for a flowing game of football and he can't sit deep and rely on the counter attack (because he doesn't have a huge amount of pace for the breaks plus that's what Pep's style knows how to deal with). He'll recognize that Otamendi and Stones will be under fierce pressure if crowded constantly. So no parked bus IMO.

I think he'll attack us by putting Ibrahimovic and Fellaini up on top of our defenders and pump high balls in over and over. They'll be like Sunderland, Stoke and WestHam (2nd half) rolled into one but with more effect and more belief. It'll be relentless route-1 mucker shit.

Our only hope in that case will be to catch them on the break. But that'll be easier said than done. Especially without Aguero. (Is Sané ready I wonder? His pace might be the key)

Obviously I hope we give them a footballing lesson but it's a very tough challenge. Besides the result I hope there's no serious injuries or bans (Who'd be surprised if Mourinho instructed his feckers to cheat and maim for 90 mins - 100 mins if they are losing).

Sorry mate but counter attacking football is the exact style that Pep's style doesn't deal well with. Munich were knocked out 3 years in a row by teams that played on the counter against them. If Mourinho was smart he'd drop Ibrahimovich and Rug Nut and play Rashford up top and Mkhitaryan behind. He won't and he will lose.

Sorry mate but counter attacking football is the exact style that Pep's style doesn't deal well with. Munich were knocked out 3 years in a row by teams that played on the counter against them. If Mourinho was smart he'd drop Ibrahimovich and Rug Nut and play Rashford up top and Mkhitaryan behind. He won't and he will lose.
Hope so but I am more afraid of them as battering-rams than anything else. I don't think our current defense could cope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.