United Thread 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prestwich_Blue said:
At least they're mixing it up a bit these days. Bit of variety compared to the tedious rinse and repeat involving Sneijder and Ronaldo.
He will do well alongside cavani

Anyone hear Gill on 5 Live's Sportsweek this morning? Richardson asked him if he fancied the FIFA presidency and he muttered and mumbled about not wanting to be in the spotlight, which I interpreted as "No fucking chance. I've got too much to hide."

Then he was asked what decision making power he had at the rags and the answer was an interesting one. He said there are two boards, one based in New York for the holding company, which he isn't on. So that's presumably the Glazers and Woody and that makes all the key decisions. The football club board is the one that he, Baconface and Sir Ticket Tout sit on and that makes mainly "ambassadorial" decisions. I think he said that they might get consulted individually by the executive board on football matters but the ultimate decision lay in New York.

Although how he can be on a football club board and that not be a conflict of interest with his roles at UEFA and FIFA is beyond me.

Last edited:
Do the rags have the money to buy players , or is it all smoke and mirrors ? I realize that they are supposed to be loaded but is that money usable for players ?
Probably me wishfully thinking but it does seem strange that they are in for this player or that player at Waitrose but end up with someone from Lydl.

Did I imagine it or did MOTD show vermin on the pitch at the swamp yesterday?

Did I imagine it or did MOTD show vermin on the pitch at the swamp yesterday?
Apparently so, and not the usual vermin either, in fact I went on to the rag cafe earlier for a laugh and they were saying that it was the highlight of the day, things are so bad some of them are threatening a boycott of watching games on dodgy streams until the turtle goes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.