United thread 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
How long is the love in on Sky Sports News? 9 minutes since the o'clock and it's not slowing down.

Bit of a savaging
Matthew Norman, Independent

While the next Premier League season promises to be unusually riveting for followers of football, it may be even more so for students of psychoanalysis.

Jose Mourinho is back, nominally to manage Manchester United, but also and more intriguingly to address a time honoured conundrum about the human experience: are we truly capable of fundamental change, or are we inescapably shackled to patterns of behaviour that will inevitably repeat themselves?

The pattern that has defined the Portuguese’s remarkable career is wearyingly familiar...

Read the rest here:
http://www.independent.co.uk/voices...at-the-top-heres-what-to-expect-a7046791.html

Bit of a savaging

The writer must be a blue .

Luke Skywalker and Darth Vader is one analogy this rivalry brings to mind, and Jesus vs Satan another, though one writer more accurately compares it with Sherlock Homles and Professor Moriarty. If these two are destined to go to the Reichenbach Falls, please God the Spaniard in the deerstalker is the survivor come next May when they’re handing out the Premier League trophy.

The writer must be a blue .

This is one of the more intriguing qualities of the two managerial appointments for me as there's an element of role reversal. Since 2008, we've been cast in the role of pantomime villain by the press and as everything that's wrong with football whilst the rags can do no wrong.

And yet, over the last few years, Guardiola and Mourinho's respective behaviours both as coaches and men have shown themselves to be light and darkness. At one time I'd have put money on our press re-writing their histories to ensure the manager reflects the media profile of the clubs. Now I'm not so sure it's in their interests to do so. The question for me, is how long can the leopard hide his spots ?

This is one of the more intriguing qualities of the two managerial appointments for me as there's an element of role reversal. Since 2008, we've been cast in the role of pantomime villain by the press and as everything that's wrong with football whilst the rags can do no wrong.

And yet, over the last few years, Guardiola and Mourinho's respective behaviours both as coaches and men have shown themselves to be light and darkness. At one time I'd have put money on our press re-writing their histories to ensure the manager reflects the media profile of the clubs. Now I'm not so sure it's in their interests to do so. The question for me, is how long can the leopard hide his spots ?

It's going to be very interesting to see how it all pans out. Like you I would have thought that we would be portrayed as the bad guys, and we still are with certain journos already dining on Portuguese arse. I think the fact that some are actually breaking rank and denouncing Mourinho for what he really is, is more to the fact that they have had enough of him rather than holding any love for us.
Whatever happens, just by appointing him the rags have lost a lot credibility. If they start spouting off about the United way I get the feeling there are more than a few in the media who are waiting to put them right.

Caught the end of the silent ginger pig last night on TV seemed to be bigging up PEG and saying what a great raggy type move it was .......and there was me thinking he was the family man's media outlet when the turtle was in town.

Rats and twats the lot of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.