United thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just don't see it, the quality is missing, Pogba goes missing in the big games and Lukaku has a terrible record against top sides so yes I do think they will struggle to win against top 6. PEG won't go out there and play an attacking formation, you won't see Matic and Pogba with 3 attacking midfielders. I am confident he will play Herrera, Matic and Pogba. He will set us defensivly and look to get a goal from a set piece or pure luck, this is not a winning strategy, yes it sometimes work and they'll win games like that. Long term it is not the answer. This is why they won't challenge. It worked for Chelsea because they had one game a week and had world class Hazard, Costa in the form of his life, and no injuries to their main players. It worked for Leicester before that because they had one game a week, Vardy and Mahrez in top, top form and Kante cleaning everything up along with all other top sides just not being good enough, it was an anonamly that will probably never happen again.

Rags do not have any world class attackers, and have European football so no they won't be challenging for the title. They bought Lindelof, Matic, and Lukaku. A worse window than last year when again most pundits had them as favorites, they finished 6th, and had the easiest draw in what was the worst Europa League in years and again struggled against Celta Vigo and Anderecht, they needed ref help to beat Southampton in the league cup final and only got that far because we played our reserves against them.
Can't argue against any of this - you may well be correct.

But, IMO, the Scum have the 2nd strongest side in the EPL combined with the 2nd strongest manager - who absolutely is ruthless in accumulating points. These two factors alone lead me to believe that the Scum are our closest rivals.

Moreover the bookies agree with me - this last point is something far more potent than anything I've posted above - the smartest people on the planet who want to win money think that the Scum are 2nd favorite to win the title.

Makes millions for Sky Bet but there's no conflict and if interests whatsoever....
Uh what?...

Dude, they're putting money on the line - if you think they're screwed up, bet against them.

Bothe Pep and Jose have stuck with there style of play, pep has beaten jose before.
as another one said, come October/November we will se who has the team.
But no dought, the Rags looks to ve strong contender this year, offcourse it be nice we could beat Everton 4-0 monday...
"In Pep we trust"
No, I am losing my way with in Pep we trust. I dont think his / the clubs philosophy of beautiful football is going to work at the moment. I think we're going down the same road as Arsenal of pretty football but no results, Liverpool the same... We can posses the ball as much as we want but there is something else Pep needs, belief, confidence, determination in the team, and as the man manager he has to concentrate on those things, not beautiful passing and possession.

We'll see but I am losing faith in this after years of playing the same way and not getting the results we need. And right now I think we're at a turning point... These next few games will show if we progressed from last year. If we havent I think it will be squeaky bum time and we'll really start to question the approach we're taking

Can't argue against any of this - you may well be correct.

But, IMO, the Scum have the 2nd strongest side in the EPL combined with the 2nd strongest manager - who absolutely is ruthless in accumulating points. These two factors alone lead me to believe that the Scum are our closest rivals.

Moreover the bookies agree with me - this last point is something far more potent than anything I've posted above - the smartest people on the planet who want to win money think that the Scum are 2nd favorite to win the title.

The bookies view is irrelavnt, we have been favorites for years now and hasn't even been close to the title last few seasons. Rags were probably second favorites last year as well signing Pogba, the worlds most expensive player at the time and Big nose, one of the best strikers ever albeit quite old. The odds mean almost nothing.

I wouldn't consider PEG as second strongest manager, Conte is better so is Poch and maybe even Klopp, with the latter two punching well above their weight for years with limited resoures.

I just don't see them as even having the second strongest side, they are missing the world class players that the other top sides have, this is the difference. If they had a game changer one who decide any game at any moment and not maybe once in three games then they would be second strongest. They are missing an X factor like Bale.

They are second favourites due to the amount of people betting on them and the loss the bookies may incur, they are probably a realistic 8 or 10/1

Huddersfield 2 wins in 2 are they in mix for the title too ? Can't believe some comments on here regarding these lots chance of the title.

Top 4 maybe,the league title ? Come off it.

Huddersfield 2 wins in 2 are they in mix for the title too ? Can't believe some comments on here regarding these lots chance of the title.

Top 4 maybe,the league title ? Come off it.

Shocking mate, can't believe it either, seeing it in the weekend PL match thread is even worse as soon as they are winning or win, some deluded poster start saying "finish above them and we win the title" hahahaha as if they are nailed on for the title.

No, I am losing my way with in Pep we trust. I dont think his / the clubs philosophy of beautiful football is going to work at the moment. I think we're going down the same road as Arsenal of pretty football but no results, Liverpool the same... We can posses the ball as much as we want but there is something else Pep needs, belief, confidence, determination in the team, and as the man manager he has to concentrate on those things, not beautiful passing and possession.

We'll see but I am losing faith in this after years of playing the same way and not getting the results we need. And right now I think we're at a turning point... These next few games will show if we progressed from last year. If we havent I think it will be squeaky bum time and we'll really start to question the approach we're taking

Yes let's just hoof it up front. Maybe we should buy Andy Carroll as an alternative

Yes let's just hoof it up front. Maybe we should buy Andy Carroll as an alternative
Maybe.... Leicester did it, direct football. Why not take that approach with skilled players? Utd are doing it? And I suspect they will be doing that whilst we're still fannying it around the penatly Area for the 200th pass.

Like I said, we will see, next few games are critical for Pep to stamp his style onto the team and the prem. Come Nov we will know more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.