United thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
odd how they get a comprehensive break down of the previous quarter's finances posted on the BBC News website, posted in glowing terms inevitably.
And did the BBC get in a plug for the latest club watch as it disgracefully did last time?

But I bet they didn't include this, which was in the Financial Times a less star-struck write-up: "Despite the revenue and earnings rise, United reiterated previous guidance that it expects revenues to be broadly flat compared to last year at £575 to £585m, and adjusted ebitda to come in lower, between £175m to £185m compared to £199m in the year to June 30."

And did the BBC get in a plug for the latest club watch as it disgracefully did last time?

But I bet they didn't include this, which was in the Financial Times a less star-struck write-up: "Despite the revenue and earnings rise, United reiterated previous guidance that it expects revenues to be broadly flat compared to last year at £575 to £585m, and adjusted ebitda to come in lower, between £175m to £185m compared to £199m in the year to June 30."

Hi PB, do you think that they will continue posting good results despite potential drops in PL performance. In other words will they retain their customer base with possibly City and others picking up the new global investers to expand rather than pinching fro United ?

No mention of sponsors, but equally no mention that the £575-585m was a previously stated target, instead just leaving it as "now predicting" the revenues to be in that range, suggesting that the estimate has risen and it's a positive. I wouldn't have known that distinction without you posting it, says it all.

Hi PB, do you think that they will continue posting good results despite potential drops in PL performance. In other words will they retain their customer base with possibly City and others picking up the new global investers to expand rather than pinching fro United ?
They will for a while but there's a ceiling I suspect. They've become a marketing company ahead of being a football club but if they neglect the football their star will eventually fade.

With their static revenue and higher costs, we could overtake them this year, although it will never be reported like that.

This may come as a shock mate but I'm not a financial genius, wtf is a ebitda ?

This may come as a shock mate but I'm not a financial genius, wtf is a ebitda ?
Earnings before interest, tax, depreciation and amortisation. So basically it's operating profit, which is revenue minus direct costs like wages and other general operating expenses such as travel, power, maintenance etc.

Ours was just over £100m in 2017 but that was on the low side as we had 13 months expenses included so possibly could have been something like £120m in a normal year.

With their static revenue and higher costs, we could overtake them this year, although it will never be reported like that.
Doubt it as there's no impact from increased TV revenue this year. We might add £30-40m from increased CL and match-day revenue if we do well in the CL and domestic cups but will be doing well to top £500m I reckon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.