United thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
They can rack up late goals against fodder to pad stats but expect another nil to their record against top six away games after Saturday.

The rags are still winning games due to the myth and aura from the Ferguson years and probably prior. They lost a bit of that with Moyes and Van Gaal but a few good results, the media hype and Mourinho have clawed it back a bit. Teams will watch them and think, " Yeah we have a chance here" then go out and freeze a bit.

The truth of where they are lies somewhere in the middle. They are not as bad as a lot of out fans portray them and not as good as the media hypes them.

The derby is a one off and anything could happen. Both teams have the ability to turn the other over given a slice of luck and the decision's. We could batter them but,I know this will be scoffed at, equally they could do the same to us.

The rags are still winning games due to the myth and aura from the Ferguson years and probably prior. They lost a bit of that with Moyes and Van Gaal but a few good results, the media hype and Mourinho have clawed it back a bit. Teams will watch them and think, " Yeah we have a chance here" then go out and freeze a bit.

The truth of where they are lies somewhere in the middle. They are not as bad as a lot of out fans portray them and not as good as the media hypes them.

The derby is a one off and anything could happen. Both teams have the ability to turn the other over given a slice of luck and the decision's. We could batter them but,I know this will be scoffed at, equally they could do the same to us.

They certainly could win, but there is no way they can or will batter us. For the simple reason that Mourinho will not play to win. He will park the bus, hope to nick one on the break, and then put 10 behind the ball. It's a virtual metaphysical impossibility for them to win by more than 1 goal

It's a league, if you at one point have a lot of easier fixtures in a row then at another you are going to have a nightmare run of fixtures. Maybe they just want to play the teams in the bottom 7 all season? It's probably their best option to finish in the top 4.

I prefer matches against the Top 6 separated by 3-4 games than playing them consecutively like we had last season. This season we played Liverpool in 4th game, Chelsea in 7th game, Arsenal in 11th and United 16th game. That's a good fixture schedule so far. Tottenham coming just a week after the Derby is not ideal though.

If we both win the games prior to the Derby then Maureen has no choice but to attack, anything less than a win and the gap will remain huge.

I doubt that **** has the balls though

I can't agree with that bit... there's only ONE team needing to rely on (their usual) fluky luck and dodgy decisions in order to get anything at all out of the game

Disappointing that teams crumble against them, Watford had a decent 10 mins, I turned off when Ashley Daley scored so can't comment on the rest of the game but it looks like a top 4 finish for them as Spurs seem to have imploded.

Disappointing that teams crumble against them, Watford had a decent 10 mins, I turned off when Ashley Daley scored so can't comment on the rest of the game but it looks like a top 4 finish for them as Spurs seem to have imploded.

Seems to me they put away their chances.
Hopefully they will try to attack us but then we have to regain our chance conversion game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.