United thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
They got carried away by last season when they got extremely lucky. Southampton battered them in the league cup final but lost and they won a Europa league that was the poorest I ever remember. That allowed them a back door entry into the champions league that they weren't ready for and didn't deserve.

It has been interesting to watch them since Ferguson retired, as a club but more importantly a fan base. The rags attract a certain type of person who supports them. Showy, boastful they are in it the reflected glory winning brings. Some of them have grown up knowing only success and trophies. This created the spoilt kid syndrome. Always being given everything they wanted and if the kid next door got a bigger toy then straight away they would be bought a bigger one still. They could then still be the main kid in the playground and all was well in their world. Ferguson's noisy neighbour's quote summed this mindset up perfectly.

The last few years their little world has imploded and like all spoilt kids getting a dose of reality the tantrums and sense of outrage are a joy to behold. As a consequence all their principles and bullshit myths are going out of the window in their desperate attempts to still be cool and relevant. Trophies they once sneered at as being below them are now called titles. Playing football the right way? Forget that, hoof it long so long as they win!! Anything to be known as winners, the top team, glory glory Man United!! Their pain is wonderful to see and long may it continue, at least as long as that despicable fucking banner hung at the swamp!

Bravo lad, lovely stuff!

Mourinho is a fecking spoiler.

My rest of season predictions for the rags:

Beat Brighton Reserves who all of a sudden decide the PL is "More Important"

Get a bye to the final after drawing Wigan. Spurs go spursy in final and lose 3 or 4-0.

They turn up for the Derby and scrape 4th place on last day of the season.

Cheers. They have to suffer more, karma deems it so. I would like to see 10 trophy less years for starters, let's see how loyal their fan base is then.

That's the annoying thing though they seem to scrape and fluke cups still whilst being this level. Winning a cup under LVG and last year. Wouldn't surprise me if they won the FA cup this year and it is lorded as a positive season. Arsenal won it last year, look at the state of them

I think we must be missing something here. We are obviously not seeing the real picture.

It was only quite recently that the rags board extended pegs contract & gave him a big pay rise so they must be well pleased. Or are they now into rewarding failure ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.