United Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if West Ham would be in for him? He did well on loan there.
Rumors last summer was they tried to sign him after the loan, but Lingard himself rejected the move. If that's true, not sure if Moyes would be interested again, they are doing well so far without him.

The Lingaard situation is an odd one. A bit like van der beek except they didn't get an £80m player for half price with Jlingz.

They could have sold Lingaard last summer and got something for him, yet retained him with no intention of playing him with any regularity.

For me, that's another huge and obvious way in which we operate. Player wants to leave city, our management are up front and honest and have no issue letting them go when it suits all parties. They keep players locked up and miserable because they are scared to act or be accountable.

I expect tomorrow to be kinder for the rags, west ham at Chelsea and wolves uncertain. But by rights they should'nt be top half.

This is spot-on. They have too many hangers on, ex players, plus Ferguson. The are all leeching on the club so they can remain relevant. Liverpool had to ban Bill Shankly from the stadium before they could move on. It is not a problem when former players are acting as ambassadors and corporate hosts (as they do at City) but it becomes one when they are locked in the 1990's and think they can tell the Manager what to do. The biggest problem they have (and long may it last) is this "but we are Manchester United" mentality.
Think it was the training ground, wasn't it? Shankly kept turning up there after he'd retired, and Bob Paisley didn't feel comfortable with the situation. He didn't want to ask Shankly directly himself (out of respect, maybe), so he went to the board and asked them to ask him to stay away. In the end, I think he ended up going to Everton's training ground instead. Did he say that he was made to feel more welcome at Everton than he did at Liverpool? I guess it could have been simply that Shankly missed the day to day involvement. But he should really have known better. Ditto Busby at utd. O'Farrell and McGuiness didn't stand a chance with Busby in the boardroom. Now, it's Ferguson.

You know what? I wasn't intending to post this stuff again, but I need to add to the pile on!

I've been crying CRYING at the two fans called 'KG and Flex', I believe (according to the comments). I, literally, couldn't catch my breath at one point! Worth sitting through some of the shite for their impressions!

I'm looking forward to the next compilation in a few days!

Thanks for posting. Loved it.

Must admit that I find that Flying Pig fella quite funny.

Andy Gray on whatever free stream I'm watching right now "Ronaldo turns down taking a penalty for his team. I don't know what's going on". His Son's just died Andy you ****. This fat **** gets paid actual money to speak to thousands of football fans.
Jesus Christ, can Gray just not be a giant dickhead for once? Ronaldo’s a human being, he’s just lost a child, it’s a wonder he’s playing at all.

This is spot-on. They have too many hangers on, ex players, plus Ferguson. The are all leeching on the club so they can remain relevant. Liverpool had to ban Bill Shankly from the stadium before they could move on. It is not a problem when former players are acting as ambassadors and corporate hosts (as they do at City) but it becomes one when they are locked in the 1990's and think they can tell the Manager what to do. The biggest problem they have (and long may it last) is this "but we are Manchester United" mentality.
Sounds like a certain team battling relegation right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.