United Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think it was the training ground, wasn't it? Shankly kept turning up there after he'd retired, and Bob Paisley didn't feel comfortable with the situation. He didn't want to ask Shankly directly himself (out of respect, maybe), so he went to the board and asked them to ask him to stay away. In the end, I think he ended up going to Everton's training ground instead. Did he say that he was made to feel more welcome at Everton than he did at Liverpool? I guess it could have been simply that Shankly missed the day to day involvement. But he should really have known better. Ditto Busby at utd. O'Farrell and McGuiness didn't stand a chance with Busby in the boardroom. Now, it's Ferguson.
Yes it was the training ground. I met Bob Paisley once and he was a total gent so it must have been difficult for him. But when you think about it how crazy would it be for any organisation to keep the old boss in the shadows (even with his own office) when a new one comes in? It's a recipe for disaster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.