United Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a stirring in the zebra enclosure.

From the sad cafe….We genuinely need an entire new squad. Not four or five players, but a whole new team. Only players I want in this team for next season are Ronaldo, Sancho and Fred (mostly due to his elite mentality and attitude than his ability). The rest are insufferable and perhaps good enough for Everton and Brentford. Some of them are genuinely Championship level.
We were saying this at the match today. Not one player from that squalid shower gets in our starting XI. We decided that Pep might be able to do something with Shaw, Fred & Rashford but they'd probably have to spend a season or two on the bench first.

There is something seriously odd going on with that club and the British media. I have never known, in my entire life, a football club that got as much publicity as the rags. They get a new manager and it's on every fucking news channel in the country. It's as if no club in the history of world football has ever replaced their manager. You cannot move without seeing or reading interviews with ex-players pontificating on what is happening at the swamp, and what is likely to happen in the future at the swamp. Camelgob, for example, he played for both West Ham and Leeds and yet you wouldn't know it by the way the media consistently referring to him as a 'true united legend' (deliberate use of lower case).
Sky are most definitely the worst offenders for their rag adulation, so many of their ex-players are employed by Sky you'd think the whole organisation had become a retirement home for former raggies.

Yes it was the training ground. I met Bob Paisley once and he was a total gent so it must have been difficult for him. But when you think about it how crazy would it be for any organisation to keep the old boss in the shadows (even with his own office) when a new one comes in? It's a recipe for disaster.
Correct. Not sure Shankly meant any malice in it, but it's not on. The new manager has to be left to manage as he sees fit. Even if he makes a dog's dinner of it. It has to be intimidating to have a very successful previous manager around behind the scenes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.