United Thread - 2023/24

Yeah course, that’s why Pep has only won 12 major trophies with us, what a ridiculous comment.
To be fair he is right to an extent,we do seem to ease off in games or fall asleep and let teams back in,Brighton second half was a perfect example and yes I can understand you can’t dominate a game from 1st min to 90th.

Was at the pub playing cards and they had it on in the background, but they're fucking miles off us, Liverpool, Arsenal and Spurs. Lightyears. They're miles off Brighton, Villa and Newcastle if I'm honest. I try not to police celebrations as it's all a bit killjoy, but they were celebrating a home win against Copenhagen like they've just qualified to the semi-finals. They're fighting for their lives in a piss easy group, and it was a must win game against a side that cost £16m and would struggle to stay in the premier league. And they dribbled over the finish line and dedicated it to Bobby Charlton.

We did against Madrid at home last season.
i dont think we dominated the whole 90, first 45 we absolutely battered them in a way theyve never been battered, second 45 i think we took our foot off a little bit and were better them without dominating them

what happend last season did we kill them off after scoring ? yeah they got a goal given them and we instead of pressing for another goal we lost our heads 2=1 i think
so ok
We created just one decent chance at the swamp last season even though they were shite. We created half a dozen at Wembley, scored twice but put the others (bar one) off target.
We have to be more clinical on Sunday. I'm not expecting another sick swan but two or three goals, and three points would be nice.

They’re scraping through games already. They’ll blame injuries, glazers etc but after 12/18 months there isn’t the slightest style of play recognisable from Ten Hag. Start the game with intensity on Sunday and we’ll take them to the cleaners

They’re scraping through games already. They’ll blame injuries, glazers etc but after 12/18 months there isn’t the slightest style of play recognisable from Ten Hag. Start the game with intensity on Sunday and we’ll take them to the cleaners
That’s all I want to see,intensity and pressing with hardly if any misplaced passes that create their chances for them ..

Just hope we don't turn up with a "playing the badge" psyche - will be difficult not to, given the tributes and respect beforehand, and Pep continuously blowing smoke up their arses. Turn up professional and determined and play what's in front of us, and we should beat them comfortably.

Rags on a roll , the mighty Brentford beaten in the 97th minute , scraped through against Sheff Utd who the week before the Geordies put eight goals on them and now the european elite of Copenhagen with a 97th inutes penalty save.
They are back to their swashbuckling selves and with the Sir Bobby looking down on them i am not sure if it is worth us turning up on Sunday , the Rag renaissance is in full flow and the title push starts in the derby game.

The reality is they have had three very scabby wins against relative cannon fodder and Sunday is going to be the day they come crashing back to earth, VAR saved them in last seasons Swamp derby game and no doubt it will be back in action again, but we are light years away from these habitual losers , really looking forward to the game we may not be at our best but even an average performance will be far too good for these f*ckers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.