United Thread - 2023/24

I mean you can never say never, but it looks like we are watching the terminal decline of a club in real time, there’s no great manager around the corner to save them, the culture of the place stinks to high heaven and they have an investor who hasn’t a clue

It is just a business, it has forgotten how to be a football club.

So, there is a very strong probability that the Rags will miss out on European football next season.

There income will be impacted with the reduced number of matches and especially by missing out on the CL, at the same time they are going to burn through any money they have on top of the losses they have already been incurring.

New director structure, not cheap.
Stadium repairs, fucking huge.
Costs of writing off players they no longer want on huge contracts (Cashemero, Rashford, Sancho, Anthony, Varane) to name just a few.
The cost of bringing in new signings.
Reduced sponsorship, TV revenue.

If they then fucked off Ten Haag and his team there is even more cost and disruption to factor in.

I feel the narrative is already being set with talk of him being given more time, it's only because they can't afford the compensation and rebuild required.

And the fan base is so self entitled that they demand instant success, if they think this season was bad I think they need to get themselves ready for next year.

I mean you can never say never, but it looks like we are watching the terminal decline of a club in real time, there’s no great manager around the corner to save them, the culture of the place stinks to high heaven and they have an investor who hasn’t a clue
It is obvious that the investor is clueless. Were it otherwise, he wouldn't have invested in the first place!

All joking aside as a one off it could happen with heavy rain, get it repaired and all good but every time it rains the waterfall appears.

Gutter falls off on your roof, tiles come off in high winds you fix it ASAP before water gets into the brickwork / roughcasting / loft. Its now a known structural defect thanks to worldwide media coverage, water ingress may have damaged the structural integrity, I'd not want to sit in that area and I am surprised fans, the club and the Council continue to go along with this without confirmation all is well.

If you look at the videos circulating, the water is coming in from various places across the stadium. It has to be quite a serious structural defect or they'd have fixed it by now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.