United Thread - 2023/24

That tweet nails it. He’s simply not that good. According to Wikipedia, he’s now four and a half years into his career and he’s scored just 26 league goals total.
I saw that of his 8 league goals 6 of them were scored in consecutive matches during a purple spell between the 14th Jan and the 18th Feb, he has then scored just on goal in the 8 league games he played since.

When he went on his little run he was the next Haaland, the reality is that he is nowhere near the level required at this stage of his career. Just look how Palmer has performed and for a lower fee.

I mean you can never say never, but it looks like we are watching the terminal decline of a club in real time, there’s no great manager around the corner to save them, the culture of the place stinks to high heaven and they have an investor who hasn’t a clue
I said to my Rag schoolmate when Mourinho couldn't get a tune out of them, " strap in because you could be having a Swales moment "were too big, we are Man U, it will never happen".

He was one of those lads you just find yourself mates with, you listen to your first fave bands with, and even though he was a massive **** would have gone to war for

He would sit and talk shite about UTD surrounded by old programmes his dad had bought 40 years earlier and how Giggs, Becks, were the new Busby Babes

Sadly he died during Covid, So on the bright side he had to live through 1/2 the demise of the c*nts and I wish he survived to see us win the Treble.

So, there is a very strong probability that the Rags will miss out on European football next season.

There income will be impacted with the reduced number of matches and especially by missing out on the CL, at the same time they are going to burn through any money they have on top of the losses they have already been incurring.

New director structure, not cheap.
Stadium repairs, fucking huge.
Costs of writing off players they no longer want on huge contracts (Cashemero, Rashford, Sancho, Anthony, Varane) to name just a few.
The cost of bringing in new signings.
Reduced sponsorship, TV revenue.

If they then fucked off Ten Haag and his team there is even more cost and disruption to factor in.

I feel the narrative is already being set with talk of him being given more time, it's only because they can't afford the compensation and rebuild required.

And the fan base is so self entitled that they demand instant success, if they think this season was bad I think they need to get themselves ready for next year.
The media and bookies will make them favourites for winning the league.

If you look at the videos circulating, the water is coming in from various places across the stadium. It has to be quite a serious structural defect or they'd have fixed it by now.
I doubt it’s a serious structural defect, more like lack of maintenance blocked gutters probably the main culprit, thing is whilst it’s not cheap to get people up there it’s cheaper than the damage it caused

So, there is a very strong probability that the Rags will miss out on European football next season.

There income will be impacted with the reduced number of matches and especially by missing out on the CL, at the same time they are going to burn through any money they have on top of the losses they have already been incurring.

New director structure, not cheap.
Stadium repairs, fucking huge.
Costs of writing off players they no longer want on huge contracts (Cashemero, Rashford, Sancho, Anthony, Varane) to name just a few.
The cost of bringing in new signings.
Reduced sponsorship, TV revenue.

If they then fucked off Ten Haag and his team there is even more cost and disruption to factor in.

I feel the narrative is already being set with talk of him being given more time, it's only because they can't afford the compensation and rebuild required.

And the fan base is so self entitled that they demand instant success, if they think this season was bad I think they need to get themselves ready for next year.
All of a sudden the cash flow is shrinking. And they still need to pay their mortgage.

I doubt it’s a serious structural defect, more like lack of maintenance blocked gutters probably the main culprit, thing is whilst it’s not cheap to get people up there it’s cheaper than the damage it caused

If the rags are cutting back on routine maintenance, they must be in the shit money wise. What else are they cutting back on in the back ground ?

If the rags are cutting back on routine maintenance, they must be in the shit money wise. What else are they cutting back on in the back ground ?
You would be surprised about how many companies do cut back on it, a roof is out of sight and out of mind until it starts leaking, to me it’s symptomatic of the bigger problems they have, companies don’t grow by standing still and football nowadays is far more business like than used to be, they thought their model was cast in stone

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.