United Thread - 2023/24

I know. I couldn't believe that they were the top story not just on the BBC Sport website, but the BBC News website as well. A rich guy buys a minority share of a football club? How was that the most important news in the UK yesterday?
Because they’ve turned the corner and it keeps the plastic rags onside which is more than Rashford can do

Our totally unbiased, nonpartisan media are painting a picture of a battle-scarred, hero warrior astride his noble steed, shield in one hand and spear in the other. A look of grim determination in his steely blue-eyes as he rides into the swamp and single-handedly rescues the ailing club from the clutches of the monstrous Glazer family.

Meanwhile, in the real world, a Grandad Trotter lookalike is helping the Glazers to bolster their bank balances even further, and the mindless-morons going through the turnstiles, destroying their credit cards in order to sit in stony silence as a collection of pampered millionaires jog about half-heartedly on the pitch playing hoofball, pretending they are enjoying the soporific offerings they have paid heavily for.

SCUM.

If, as it seems, he has bought 25 percent of 69 percent then from a Glazer point of view this makes perfect sense. This would reduce the Glazer holding to 51 percent. And as everyone knows whether you own 51 percent or 100 percent, in effect you have the same thing-TOTAL control. All scruffy Jim owns is 1/6 of the annual profit. And now when United remain shit the Glazers can point to him and say “Not our fault, our job is selling scarves and replica tops”. Say what you want about the Glazers but they know a mug when they see one

I don’t understand the difference? The glazers shares are shares of United aren’t they?
Yeah but he's bought 25% of the Glazers shares(who own around 69-70%). Not 25% of the club. Ignore the media. I can't work out whether Steptoe's got sommat major up his sleeve, or he's gone totally senile.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.