United Want To Match And Better City's Youth / CFA Academy

I think the Glazers, and the man they appointed to do their bidding, are now being royally found out.
They thought that making commercial deals all over the world would be the key to long term success. They were wrong. Once the football men left they were fucked. Throwing huge bids at every star name in the world is their master plan - the absolute clowns.

Still, I wouldn't have it any other way. :-)

Tbh, if they keep playing kids in the first team & we don't start doing it soon, they will get loads to sign for them.
We used to play loads of kids 7-10 years ago, but the very best available wanted ManUre because the children and their parents were seduced by ManUre's on field success. When we compared our former selves to ManUre there was very little in the way of competition, but now there's been a 180° flip and the Salford's are struggling to come to terms with it.

Just based on the education aspect of it, even St Bede's have had to up their game in line with City's growth aspirations just so they can stay on board with City. At youth level, many of the old guard training staff and talent spotters have been replaced and the balance integrated into a cohesive global training and scouting network. We now have a CFG-wide 'holistic' philosophy that whilst still in its infancy threatens to change the way elite football clubs are run forever.

For the kids who don't make it with City, they will still get the best education around and will have been trained to highest football standards available which will still give them a better than evens chance of forging a football career at a decent level albeit at another club. I've seen first hand what City have to offer and believe me, only the reddest of red-eyed Rag parent would even fleetingly contemplate turning down what's on offer at CFA and opt for ManUre given the choice.

ManUre may continue to play their kids (mostly out of necessity than talent) but without the on field success to back it up it means nothing more outside of geographical location and ManUre's previous history to a child and its parents than choosing between our CFA and Stoke City's youth academy. The difference is already that big, and the gap is getting wider all the time. If further qualification of that is needed, all one has to do is cast their mind back to ManUre trying to form a coalition with Liverpool and Everton to boycott playing City at youth team level because they could no longer compete with us.

The difficult has taken time, and what was seemingly impossible is taking just that little bit longer...... http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2015/oct/24/manchester-city-united-youth-policy

Would they be doing if they didn't have injuries in those positions? Wilson was packed out on loan and is missing opportunities to play.
Borthwick is behind Shaw and Rojo.
Mostly they'd be on bench duty.

Probably not, but when we have injuries we just shift players out of position. I'm thinking Kelechi vs Villa!

Probably not, but when we have injuries we just shift players out of position. I'm thinking Kelechi vs Villa!

So would LVG if he could. He's playing a CM as CB, he's decided Ashley Young and Valencia are full backs, his best striker only plays on the wing, and he keeps playing his new RB at LB.

He shifted the squad as much as possible before calling up the kids - who are distinctly average and won't play again once Woodward & LVG have another summer spree.

HOW UNITED`S ACADEMY WILL WORK.

Dad of talented kid," So, Mr. Giggs, what do I do to further my son`s career?"
Giggs, "Well, you get him to sign schoolboy forms for City then when he progresses United send someone round to bung you £10,000 and you then pressure him to sign for the reds.
That`s how it worked for me, simples!"

We used to play loads of kids 7-10 years ago, but the very best available wanted ManUre because the children and their parents were seduced by ManUre's on field success. When we compared our former selves to ManUre there was very little in the way of competition, but now there's been a 180° flip and the Salford's are struggling to come to terms with it.

Just based on the education aspect of it, even St Bede's have had to up their game in line with City's growth aspirations just so they can stay on board with City. At youth level, many of the old guard training staff and talent spotters have been replaced and the balance integrated into a cohesive global training and scouting network. We now have a CFG-wide 'holistic' philosophy that whilst still in its infancy threatens to change the way elite football clubs are run forever.

For the kids who don't make it with City, they will still get the best education around and will have been trained to highest football standards available which will still give them a better than evens chance of forging a football career at a decent level albeit at another club. I've seen first hand what City have to offer and believe me, only the reddest of red-eyed Rag parent would even fleetingly contemplate turning down what's on offer at CFA and opt for ManUre given the choice.

ManUre may continue to play their kids (mostly out of necessity than talent) but without the on field success to back it up it means nothing more outside of geographical location and ManUre's previous history to a child and its parents than choosing between our CFA and Stoke City's youth academy. The difference is already that big, and the gap is getting wider all the time. If further qualification of that is needed, all one has to do is cast their mind back to ManUre trying to form a coalition with Liverpool and Everton to boycott playing City at youth team level because they could no longer compete with us.

The difficult has taken time, and what was seemingly impossible is taking just that little bit longer...... http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2015/oct/24/manchester-city-united-youth-policy

It's all fine in theory, but at the moment Utd are bringing through kids at a higher level than we are & the idea that having Ryan Giggs turn up at your house when he's the assistant manager & can point to a bunch of average kids getting game time in the swamp first team, whilst much better ones, some local, have never had even a sniff at City, has no attraction for parents, is ridiculous & like the kind of delusion the rags themselves come up with.

If Giggs is going round meeting parents, right now, some of those kids are going to sign for Utd, right now. The longer it goes without City showing an interest in developing players, the more Utd will get. If it continues further, Utd will get most of them.

Some of us predicted this push by the rags, on here. It's clear they are worried by City pinching the best kids & have for some time been using the propaganda machine, to highlight how Utd use kids in their first team. Meanwhile we completely ignore some of the best prospects in the country & are scared that even giving them 5 mins will 'cost us'.

Thee has been a sneering arrogance, on this forum in some quarters, about City's academy, that we are somehow just able to point at a bunch of shiney new buildings & laugh at everyone else, whilst in actual fact, pretty much everyone else is playing some of their academy kids in their first teams, & we have one lad recently signed from Africa who occasionally gets on for ten minutes, & that's it. Out of all those kids, that's what we have produced so far, one kid signed from Africa.

And we are so arrogant to believe no parents will notice that, when Ryan Giggs pints it out to them & will all sign for City regardless, because of shiny buildings & promises of this & that. No kids will care about actually playing football ?

We can wipe Utd out at that level, but only if we start giving kids a chance & it needs to happen quickly. Otherwise they will get a secent number of the next batch of kids.

They want to build a mini swamp too. Have they honestly just looked at our set up and thought copying the academy stadium and getting a few ex players to schmooze the parents of potential recruits is the best way forward. The self proclaimed biggest club in the world and this is the best they can come up with. It's almost a complete role reversal of the days when Swales was obsessed with everything they did and nearly sent the club under trying to outdo them.
I can't quite believe a club of their stature is run by such complete fucking morons.

So would LVG if he could. He's playing a CM as CB, he's decided Ashley Young and Valencia are full backs, his best striker only plays on the wing, and he keeps playing his new RB at LB.

He shifted the squad as much as possible before calling up the kids - who are distinctly average and won't play again once Woodward & LVG have another summer spree.

But they are playing football, on tv, & even if Utd sign Ronaldo back & Messi & half of Bayern's team, they will still bring through some kids into the first team, because they always do, because they know it actually helps the squad, even if those kids then move on. They bring in another one. Always have, always will.

They want to build a mini swamp too. Have they honestly just looked at our set up and thought copying the academy stadium and getting a few ex players to schmooze the parents of potential recruits is the best way forward. The self proclaimed biggest club in the world and this is the best they can come up with. It's almost a complete role reversal of the days when Swales was obsessed with everything they did and nearly sent the club under trying to outdo them.
I can't quite believe a club of their stature is run by such complete fucking morons.

It's how they did it last time & it will work again to some extent. Some will sign.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.