Using City's History

Blue Theatre said:
Hats off to Gary, Ray and all the people who have given their time to document City's past ... contrary to public perception, our club actually has a longer history than the likes of Barcelona, Bayern Munich, etc and we should all be rightly proud of it.

Thanks, Gary !
Thanks again to you and everyone else who has commented. Never forget that City were a major trophy winning side before MUFC, decades before Arsenal & 50 years before Chelsea!

cyberblue said:
Well apreciated GarY .Pity the club doesnt have it on there site
I wouldn't expect any club to have such extensive information on the official site, but certainly agree there should be more than there is. What is also worrying is that a few of the first team games that are covered by the official site (the last three or four seasons) still show pre-match information rather than match reports and line ups.
The history section on here is excellent and we must thank those who contribute to and maintain it.
And I'd also like to add my thanks to the late Steve Kay for setting up a fantastic resource. I knew him from my fanzine selling days when he sold BTH and I sold KOTK. His passing was a great shock.

Hi Gary

Thanks for sharing the history of the club and also to the other guys over the years who have compiled the stats keep up the good work .
do you still work for the club in some part of are you freelance now

Regards

Kevin

This is my 1p worth and probably been said before but I cannae be bothered to read the thread to find out:

If I need something on City's history, then like everything else, I go to the Google search bar at the top right of my browser and type in what I am looking for. First site I always go to is Wikipedia. If I don't find the info I need on there I then go back to Google. The history section of BlueMoon never appears on the search results (I don't go much beyond the first results page). I could just go and navigate through the history section for what I am looking for, but it's hard to break a 13 year old habit of using Google to find specific information quickly.

By default I would say it is something to do with the SEO for this site that is causing the history section to not appear high on the search results. But then, I often find BlueMoon forum threads as suggestions in Google search results, which means I don't think much of SEO other than to cover the basics.

Gary James said:
Blue Theatre said:
Hats off to Gary, Ray and all the people who have given their time to document City's past ... contrary to public perception, our club actually has a longer history than the likes of Barcelona, Bayern Munich, etc and we should all be rightly proud of it.

Thanks, Gary !
Thanks again to you and everyone else who has commented. Never forget that City were a major trophy winning side before MUFC, decades before Arsenal & 50 years before Chelsea!

Hiya Gary.

Iv got most of your previous books,,your last one being " the bible " so to speak,and what a book that was.My personal comments are on amazons review ( Russell )

Iv had a bookmark on amazon for probably a year now for your next book,the journey rebuilding mcfc.

whens it coming out ? I hope you havn't dropped it for 1 reason or other.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Journey-Reb...d=1401798421&sr=1-44&keywords=manchester+city

A great site with loads of information.
Well done and Thanks Gary and all that have contributed.

Speaking of City's history, a Sunderland fan I follow on twitter who's a MASSIVE collector of football memorabilia has some City items up for sale, just thought some off here might want to take a look....

<a class="postlink" href="https://twitter.com/safcmuseum/status/495143204422164480" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://twitter.com/safcmuseum/status/4 ... 4422164480</a>

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.