Var debate 2019/20

Absolutely. Nor does a foul need to be of a particular character or strength.

c464f6492f24fa414e08c0d3ec164299.jpg

It is quite plain, a direct free kick is awarded (penalty when in the box, by a defender) if a player holds an opponent, or impedes an opponent with contact. Laporte was held last week, Silva was impeded this week, Salah was quite clearly held, so three penalties should have been given.

All this nonsense about 'it wasn't enough to make him go down' or 'he should have fallen backwards from that type of strangle-hold' is just PGMOL and referees trying to justify each other's errors. They should just stick to what is written in the 17 laws of the game.

This.

No mention of “bar” or “threshold” to be seen anywhere so please can they fuck off with the narratives and excuses as to their own made laws.

You can see why the powers-that-be wouldn't want VAR to be repeatedly over-ruling the referee ... embarrassing and undermines his authority.

On the other hand, for VAR to re-watch many penalty incidents across 30 Premier League games in slow motion close-up... and conclude that *all* the decisions were basically right ... doesn't seem quite right either.

It's clearly going to annoy fans to know that VAR has watched their very strong penalty appeal carefully - with better view / angle than the ref had ... but decided it would be better not to undermine the ref.

I was with you till the last bit,we didn't play well but that happens,VAR is why we lost 2 pts,no-one else is getting the close scrutiny that we have and that doesn't make statistical sense

Karen I was there and we played very well but our finishing was very poor , and we conceded two soft goal due to a combination of poor concentration and bad defending.

If we had put our chances away, there was no way VAR could have affected the result.

But I’d rather do that then stick with this shite every week.

Well if VAR gives a penalty to Liverpool after the ref says no and it wins them the league my guess is heads will rightly implode.

Our games are not some fucking guinea pig experiment in which they can get it badly wrong only for them to then suddenly get it right for possible rivals or any other side for that matter.

I'm not sure if anyone has posted this, apologies if someone already has, but 0.35s to 1 min is interesting.

It doesn't mention deflecting to another player.

Elleray describes the law exactly as I had interpreted it. Never in a million years under the new handball guidelines could the Laporte incident be described as handball because he never gained control or possession of the ball.

Well if VAR gives a penalty to Liverpool after the ref says no and it wins them the league my guess is heads will rightly implode.

Our games are not some fucking guinea pig experiment in which they can get it badly wrong only for them to then suddenly get it right for possible rivals or any other side for that matter.
It’s happened before with new directives being quietly stopped like when we had a penalty given against us at Stoke one year for pulling by Sterling. That soon died a death.

I’d rather us get penalties given by var than cut off our own nose to spite Liverpool’s face. They never seem to have too much trouble getting penalties in the first place.

So can’t agree with you sorry bud.

Here is another issue.

You can’t start a season with one set of rules re VAR and then change the approach to its use.

That’s unfair and distorts the sporting competition.
Why not? They've done it every other season. Season starts off with "we're clamping down on x, and y", then after a couple weeks of fucking people over they forget and resort to previous

I’m not a proponent of the current implementation of VAR at all. It’s not fit for purpose in its current guise for us or any other team.

Offside and encroachment don’t fall into the remit of the “clear and obvious” criteria.
For someone who is NOT a proponent of VAR in its current implementation you seem so intent on defending its integrity you’re prepared to go to the extent of ignoring/being purposefully deceptive of/making up (pick one) evidence up in the process. You appear to be completely blind to your previous acknowledgement to another poster of teams getting favoured decisions in the past, surely which questions the integrity of the VAR system implemented by the same group of people.

But it’s everyone else not seeing it isn’t it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.