VAR Discussion Thread - 2023/24

We were sold VAR as a tool to get rid of howlers - Maradona handball, Henry handball against Ireland, Milner 3 yards offside for a Liverpool goal, the non-penalty on Aguero in the 2-3 derby where we could have won the league etc etc

I don’t think anyone would have a problem with that. And they wouldn’t take long to rectify. If that was VAR then I’d be 100% behind it.

Whereas what we’re getting is every tiny detail microanalysed to the nth degree. Who wants to see goals chalked off when someone’s knee/toe/whatever is fractionally offside to the point that you can’t detect it with the naked eye? Not me, whether for or against City. Just use it to eliminate the howlers and get on with the fucking game.

Only this.

Define a “howler” though.
the spurs vs liverpool one, the utd one against wolves TWICE and they are the 2 that spring to mind, the liverpool penalty against bournemouth, the utd none penalty and penalty given against bournemouth, just off the top of my head

the spurs vs liverpool one, the utd one against wolves TWICE and they are the 2 that spring to mind, the liverpool penalty against bournemouth, the utd none penalty and penalty given against bournemouth, just off the top of my head
The worst howler.
Was rashford running half the length of the pitch when that cheating rat scored against us at the shit hole.
Was it a howler or straight up bent

They are examples not a definition.

It’s not easy to give a definition that rules in everything you want reviewing and rules out everything that you don’t.

But that is what the authorities would need to do. They can’t have a system built around words like “howlers”

Can you not just accept that that decision was wrong and the Coventry goal should have stood. At the very least the ball hasn't left the Coventry players foot ans they have used the qrong frame, do you accept that? Do you accept that Webb and Co said they weren't going to use VAR to check mm offsides ? I am pretty sure they did.

No, personally I’ve always disliked VAR and never wanted it implemented and yes I would allow that Coventry goal if it was me. People have chosen they wanted binary choices with the implementation of it though and in that world, he was offside and would have been even more offside a couple of seasons ago.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.