Veganism

From my own person experience it's one of the best things I've done along with packing in alcohol.
So what exactly is the point in life?

Who doesn't love, as I had tonight, a beautiful fillet steak and side salad with a couple of glasses of red.

Not sure how anyone could cut that out and think they've improved their situation.

Who doesn't love, as I had tonight, a beautiful fillet steak and side salad with a couple of glasses of red.

Not sure how anyone could cut that out and think they've improved their situation.

If you can do without the steak then the cow can be said to have an improved situation.

Maybe, just maybe it's not all about us?

Each to their own, but for me there is more to life than meat & alcohol.

My situation has improved a lot since I cut both these things out. I initially gave up eating animal products for health benefits, I saw immediate benefits from doing this. I have more energy, I feel much better physically, I recover better from doing sports or exercise, I had a few patches of dry skin which cleared up, I have cut my risk of developing many serious health issues massively, I am eating much better & getting all of my vitamins & minerals, to name a few. Since making this transition I have looked into the meat, dairy & egg industries in more detail & now I wouldn't consume any of these products as I can no longer justify supporting industries which cause death & suffering to sentient creatures for no other reason that we like how they taste. I also now will no longer purchase any other animal based products such as clothing, toiletries etc for the same reason. I get much more pleasure from this than I did from the taste of meat, which I did used to love but simply can't justify anymore. Thirdly the way meat is produced and the scale that it is consumed now is becoming unsustainable and is causing major environmental issues, by consuming less or cutting out meat altogether, people are making a positive contribution to reducing the environmental impact and improving the situation for everyone.

Regarding alcohol, again each to their own, and although not related to veganism directly, my post was about the health benefits I have realised since moving to a plant based diet. The comment was along with cutting out alcohol these two things have had the greatest impact health wise for me personally. The benefits of giving up drinking are massive both mentally & physically. If anyone packs it in for a few months they will see what I mean.

Last edited:
Regarding alcohol, again each to their own, and although not related to veganism directly, my post was about the health benefits I have realised since moving to a plant based diet and the comment was along with cutting out alcohol these two things have had the greatest impact health wise for me personally. The benefits of giving up drinking are massive both mentally & phsically. If anyone packs it in for a few months they will see what I mean.
Were you drinking heavily or dependent out of interest?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.