Vicky Kloss

Vicky and her team have played an absolute blinder in the timing of the Pep announcement.

The second busiest day of football news (after the summer transfer deadline day) is the day we choose to release that Pellegrini is leaving.

Any other day and it would be wall to wall coverage of how shabbily we have treated Pellegrini, a full week's worth of how we've got a terrible track record with managerial changes.

Instead, SSN and the papers are concentrating on whether Steven Fletcher joins Marseille or whatever else is breaking.

Of course we will get plenty of coverage for Pep's arrival which is great, but I think releasing it today was great strategy as it's almost like it's been an open secret that Pep's coming anyway, so confirming it on a really busy news day avoids the journalists getting bored and making up negative shit to throw at us.

By the time the transfer furor has died down, us signing Pep will be old news, so no need for the negative shite, and by the summer when he arrives they'll all be desperate to attend the unveiling and want a piece of the best manager in the game.

I've been a vocal critic of Vicky and her team, as I have Pellegrini. But as with the manager, I am gracious enough to hold my hands up when they have clearly done a great job. Vicky and the team have played an absolute blinder with the timing of this announcement, hopefully the shape of things to come!
This all day long

I've bumped this thread as I didn't want to derail the BBC thread

That reply from Ms Kloss is so weak, I really don't know where to start and I am extremely unimpressed, not for the first time
Does anyone remember the tweet posted by Collymore (when he was the lead football correspondent for Talk Sport) of a broken snake after Delph snapped his hamstring? Collymore realising the error of his ways then deleted the tweet, but it was out there
I reported the tweet to Ms Kloss and her reply was that she would take up my issue with Stan Collymore next time he was at the Etihad
Quite pathetic really.
The action should have been to contact Collymore's superior immediately and tell them that Collymore was not longer welcome at our stadium

A former professional footballer mocking the injury of a current pro is disgusting, but when the former is also the lead football man on a national sports radio station it is totally unacceptable. Collymore should never have been allowed back into the Etihad, whether in a professional capacity or as a paying customer

Now we have Pete who's been insulted and subjected to an abusive remark on the BBC's twitter feed and the reply is

"The current position is that we understand that the BBC are apologising in writing to anyone offended by this posting. This, coupled with the removal of the post, is the response we would have been looking for from any media outlet publishing an untruth."

Sorry, this just isn't good enough

I've bumped this thread as I didn't want to derail the BBC thread

That reply from Ms Kloss is so weak, I really don't know where to start and I am extremely unimpressed, not for the first time
Does anyone remember the tweet posted by Collymore (when he was the lead football correspondent for Talk Sport) of a broken snake after Delph snapped his hamstring? Collymore realising the error of his ways then deleted the tweet, but it was out there
I reported the tweet to Ms Kloss and her reply was that she would take up my issue with Stan Collymore next time he was at the Etihad
Quite pathetic really.
The action should have been to contact Collymore's superior immediately and tell them that Collymore was not longer welcome at our stadium

A former professional footballer mocking the injury of a current pro is disgusting, but when the former is also the lead football man on a national sports radio station it is totally unacceptable. Collymore should never have been allowed back into the Etihad, whether in a professional capacity or as a paying customer

Now we have Pete who's been insulted and subjected to an abusive remark on the BBC's twitter feed and the reply is

"The current position is that we understand that the BBC are apologising in writing to anyone offended by this posting. This, coupled with the removal of the post, is the response we would have been looking for from any media outlet publishing an untruth."

Sorry, this just isn't good enough
I think we just have to accept that our owners don't want to present as recalcitrant. Their motivation for buying the club is inextricably wedded to their subsequent PR policy. Vicky Kloss is merely operating in accordance with her instructions.

I think we just have to accept that our owners don't want to present as recalcitrant. Their motivation for buying the club is inextricably wedded to their subsequent PR policy. Vicky Kloss is merely operating in accordance with her instructions.

Major disconnect from the supporters if that's the case mate.

The supports should suck it up frankly if that's how our owners want to deal it with. Billion pound investment > hard on press

That would be completely unnecessary and counter-productive in the long run. It's about finding the right balance.

That would be completely unnecessary and counter-productive in the long run. It's about finding the right balance.

I don't know what you mean now. You said 'major disconnect' from the fans to the club. So what you're suggesting is if this was to continue, fans would eventually turn their back on the club. Right? Well that's bullshit in my eyes. I understand people might be unhappy but fuck me if the club want to take soft approach then they are fucking entitled to do so and us fans should accept that.

Major disconnect from the supporters if that's the case mate.
The feelings of the supporters of Manchester City aren't the priority in Abu Dhabi, as much as we like to think we are. The Paul Tyrrell rottweiler approach to media management (which wasn't actually that much use) is simply not the way they do business or even part of their culture. It's far more important to promote the image of Abu Dhabi than to engage in unwinnable wars with the likes of Neil Custis and his ilk. We are a very small part of a much bigger picture (a bit like GDM's penis) and that's the way it is.

I think we are doing a great job ourselves hunting the BBC's lies down and I think the club is more than happy for us to fight a proxy war, with them as our sponsor staying well in the background. It's not the first time they've sent a third-party into battle and it probably won't be the last.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.