Victor Valdes

Discussion in 'Transfer forum' started by littmus, 14 Jun 2016.

1. aguero93:20

aguero93:20

Worshipping the great bald one
    More, brilliant!

2. Plain Speaking

Plain Speaking

Our Goalkeeping policy seems weird. Hart was probably better than both Willy and Bravo, but we shipped him out, then talk we may well sell him to one of our rivals?

Willy has been better than Bravo but we are letting him go, to keep Bravo the worst of the 3!

We should be getting a top keeper that can give our defence confidence.

We are linked with so many of Pep's former players, (Valdes, Boateng, Badstuber etc.), seemingly regardless of form.

3. City health warning

City health warning

Valdes is well past his best

4. Whichonespink

Whichonespink

I agree, it is brilliant!

5. aguero93:20

aguero93:20

Worshipping the great bald one
    We have to give the opposition a chance mate ;)
    Lazy journalism for the most part.

6. Wrighty Wrexham

Wrighty Wrexham

We are linked with so many of Pep's former players, (Valdes, Boateng, Badstuber etc.), seemingly regardless of form.[/QUOTE]
    Of all his ex playerz are these the best Pep can do!

7. Plain Speaking

Plain Speaking

I have just been taking a quick look at Valdes' stats for this season. He is the same age as Caballero, a year older than Bravo.

Probably as expected he is generally better than Bravo but not as good as Caballero.

Average saves per goal: Caballero-2.09, Valdes-1.78 , Bravo-1.08

Worryingly his distribution success is worst of all 3: Caballero-77%, Valdes-57%, Bravo-75%

As I said above we appear to have a weird goalkeeping policy, we are getting rid of the player with the best stats and targeting a lesser keeper!

8. Plain Speaking

Plain Speaking

Following my earlier post looking at Stats for Cabellero, Valdes and Bravo I thought I would add Pickford and Donnarumma to see how they compared this season:

Average saves per goal: Caballero-2.09, Valdes-1.78 , Bravo-1.08, Pickford-2.26, Donnarumma-3.12

Distribution success: Caballero-77%, Valdes-57%, Bravo-75%, Pickford-51%, Donnarumma-78%

Statistically Donnarumma is the clear leader. For me a combo of Donnarumma first choice and Caballero as reserve would be ideal.

9. lmjones1uk

lmjones1uk

If we are guaranteed CL football come Sunday I would be tempted to try Gunn out between the sticks - cant he worse than what we have..

10. doobyedoobye

doobyedoobye

Lazy journalism. Not a chance in Hull he's coming