Victor Valdes

To Valdes's credit, he came out of that ordeal fairly well. Van Gaal accused him of not being willing to play for the reserves, to which he posted the following on instagram (including him posing for a picture with the youth team in the dressing room):

CKBgGq0UcAAt834.jpg

He also followed up with bemusement that Van Gaal complained to the public, rather than simply discussing the issue with him (which he would presumably have hoped to clear up). Haven't read anything to suggest that the ordeal reflected poorly on Victor, but someone here might know more than I do.
If he's willing to play back up then fair play but would he take up another foreign spot ? Unless we get rid of caballero then I'd prefer to promote from the academy

If he's willing to play back up then fair play but would he take up another foreign spot ? Unless we get rid of caballero then I'd prefer to promote from the academy
Sitting on the bench is no good for academy goalkeepers, they need regular football, on loan, same as Joe did at Birmingham.

Sitting on the bench is no good for academy goalkeepers, they need regular football, on loan, same as Joe did at Birmingham.
All I'm saying is we can't have 2 foreign spots taken up by goalkeepers. We need to choose

All I'm saying is we can't have 2 foreign spots taken up by goalkeepers. We need to choose
We have now, and we can next year, unless it's a club trained keeper it doesn't make any difference whether they are Homegrown or not, we have 4 homegrown players, any more will have to be included in the 17 free spots.

Angus Gunn has gone out on loan,if he does well he will probably get promoted next year
Thing is being promoted to the bench isn't any good for the development of a young goalkeeper, they need to play. It's not like any other position where you can come on for twenty minutes or half an hour or make 15 or so starts. If he does well then a loan at a higher level Is probably his next step. Look at Courtois he did two years on loan at Atletico Madrid until Chelsea were forced to sell Cech and play him or lose him.

Thing is being promoted to the bench isn't any good for the development of a young goalkeeper, they need to play. It's not like any other position where you can come on for twenty minutes or half an hour or make 15 or so starts. If he does well then a loan at a higher level Is probably his next step. Look at Courtois he did two years on loan at Atletico Madrid until Chelsea were forced to sell Cech and play him or lose him.
I agree young keepers need to play,it'll be interesting to see what we do now wright has gone,who would take his place i wonder,maybe willy will stay on if we can't find someone else,it's not really a position we needed to muck about with

I agree young keepers need to play,it'll be interesting to see what we do now wright has gone,who would take his place i wonder,maybe willy will stay on if we can't find someone else,it's not really a position we needed to muck about with
I don't think we really need a third keeper, how many games did Wright play in all his years with us. I'm sure if we want 3 for c/l squad we could take the EDS keeper as cover, and in an emergency I think we are allowed an emergency loan for a keeper.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.