Video reffing approved for France-Spain tomorrow

The linesman, probably, would be advised not to give tight calls, especially when there is a chance of a goal being scored. Let the game flow and the man in the van can call it back as appropriate
Yes I'd imagine only obvious offsides would be given. Much like no balls in cricket.

In the club World Cup in December everything was automatically reviewed.

What I think you will see at first is a fuck load of penalties each game until the defenders realise they can no longer grab attackers. Basically like Mike Dean decided to enact on his own for one game only this season (although Sky lied and said new rules were in place to explain it. Something that was subsequently found out to be bollocks).

But once defenders learn to defend within the laws of the game then five or six pens per game will soon stop.
Can't wait to watch Chris smallings first match when it comes in.

We all know It doesn't even itself out over a season. We also know refs have been given messages for years. What we need is it out in the open. Show what the video ref is seeing live. He could bent as the ref otherwise.

I want it right,unlike the rags I want to win the right way. If we lose a single point or a title I will accept it if it's fair.

The answer, of course, being that he IS a rag bastard, and is therefore exempt from punishment under the Scudamore/Gill/Riley law which states that, in most cases, a yellow card will be the only one shown.

That would be the worry with video reffing - would it become a tool for the continued promotion of the RagDipperArseHaringeyAxis which PiGMOL and Old Mother Riley have done so much to foster!

People talk about "what happens when the video referees don't agree on something". If you're holding out for perfection you're going to be here a long time. The point is this will eliminate about 75% of incorrect major decisions, which is far better than nothing. Southampton would've probably won the EFL Cup had video technology been used.

People talk about "what happens when the video referees don't agree on something". If you're holding out for perfection you're going to be here a long time. The point is this will eliminate about 75% of incorrect major decisions, which is far better than nothing. Southampton would've probably won the EFL Cup had video technology been used.
Yeah, right. They DID play the rags, remember.

I want video refs but I think we are probably being too optimistic about the chances of it making it more fair on ourselves against the favoured sky 4, maybe against the smaller clubs but they could still try and screw us in the big games and even use it to their advantage to silence any complaints from fans. We know Sky are sometimes selective in what angles they show of some incidents or how many times they show them(they sometimes opt to not even talk about them)... what's to stop the same happening even with a video referee?

For example Aguero didn't even make contact with his elbow, there was a certain angle that showed this quite clearly... they only showed it once or twice and repeatedly showed the others ones to drive their narrative that he'd gotten away with something. Meanwhile with Ibra, Fellaini and Rojo...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.