Video reffing approved for France-Spain tomorrow

2u5fgvd.jpg

Not sure this will solve much,using motd as an example they have 5 hours to review every possible camera angle from every speed yet at 10.30 the panel still carnt agree if it was a penalty ,sending off etc .
With this new system we expect someone to call it correct in 30 secs ?

this has being happening for years and skysports and now BTsports have the main say of what to show
but i think its a must and as long the teams get full control and not the broadcast team when video's go missing or don't catch the right angles or not clear then its got to good for the game but i have a feeling its going to be made into a joke and the broadcast team will fuck it up

I wonder whether Michael Oliver's bottling nature would see him going to the video ref constantly so that he doesn't have to make any decisions or whether he would even bottle out of going to the video ref? There has to be an element of teams having the chance to challenge decisions, surely?

Just read this on lequipe.fr.

http://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Actualites/L-arbitrage-video-autorise-pour-france-espagne/788701

The request from the French and Spanish federations has been accepted by FIFA.

Two assistants will sit in a van outside Stade de France and watch the game live. They could intervene on contentious decisions at the request of the referee, German Felix Zwayer.

While it's great news that FIFA is finally taking this seriously, it seems a liself-defeating if the ref has to ask them to review incidents.

Taylor and Mason? Or Bottliver and Marriner?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.