General Videogame Thread

Problem with VR is that its causing a lot of motion sickness, everyone I know who has VR have either sent it back or just not invested anymore money into it.... as someone who has played VR before I can vouch that it is very uncomfortable, and is a real strain on the eyes.
I can't see it taking off like the Kinect/PS Camera (or anything else that requires general movement) did, as one VR is way over priced and 2 the amount of space required for majority of the games is a full room worth.
It'll spike as a gimick for now then next 5 years it'll start to drop in the market.
Yes if it makes significant numbers people sick or gives them headaches then that will undoubtedly do for it. I'm just going on my instincts really. When I first tried Kinect etc I just thought it was wank and that it probably wouldn't be the future of games in the way some predicted. When I have tried VR stuff on the very odd occasion I have thought this could be awesome and the future of gaming if they suss it out properly to just make all games that bit more immersive and at an affordable price.

There's your problem mate. Cheats. Try playing the single player without them. It's very rewarding. If you do the missions, especially the assassinations, in the right order then you get all the money you will ever need. Then you can fuck about to your hearts content.

As far as online goes there's more than enough content to play online on your jack but I admit you do have to find the right server. Still, with all the heists, biker stuff, races etc etc around it's not that hard to find willing people to play online with.

The next 2 big Rockstar titles, Red Dead and the new GTA, will be very online geared as it's the way forward. There will still be a single player, it's what they do very well, but, like GTA online, content is where it's at baby!
I don't use cheats until I get 100% completion and there is literally nothing else to achieve in single player. I wish they released single player dlc to create even more longevity but all there efforts go into online multiplayer :(

I'm a casual gamer. I've always felt online modes in games have been geared towards the more serious gamer who is willing to put in the grind. Gta had always been friendly to the casual gamer until they released gta online (imo anyway) as online gives little reward for a lot of effort. The gta online missions are dull and repetitive for me too.

Each to their own, I guess. I wish I could have enjoyed gta online as much as you seem to.

I never said anything about 4K. That’s a given that will happen due to TV’s becoming 4K. I don’t think VR will be the norm.

I read it wrong, yeah it could go either way but a lot of the gaming conventions seem to be leading down that route....I like the idea of it as far as having a head set on to immerse into the game but standing up and using fist wand things doesn't appeal

When the next gen of consoles comes out and they're all 4k, that's when it'll explode I reckon. At the moment it's a bit much to spend £3-400 on a new console that doesn't actually play any new games than the one you already own, but will make some of them look a bit sharper. But once you have a 4k console and it's time to buy a new TV, you're going to get a 4k one aren't you?

That's been the same for the last two "next gens" and will be the same for the next "next gen". After all what is 4k other than making it look a bit sharper. Its a dearth of creativity and imagination that is the problem. Along with numerous sequels that are little different from the previous game but have lots of idiots wiling to pay £50 for them; mainly clueless parents pandering to their kids demands.

Played games for years on and offline, still do(PC). If I could name a game to play before you die It would be Alein Isolation. This game sucks you in If lookin for a horror game.

Played games for years on and offline, still do(PC). If I could name a game to play before you die It would be Alein Isolation. This game sucks you in If lookin for a horror game.

Apparently only a small percentage of people who have played it have actually completed it..... not sure how those stats were collected but that's what I've heard.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.