Vincent Kompany - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel the only player going to be around from the our first premier title winning side next year will be Silva.

The Sergio situation is annoying but at least I can see why its happening. Sergio hasn't played consistently well this season and we have someone who has come in, looks sensational and can be a genuine alternative to Serg. None of our other CBs however get anywhere near the level of VK. I am not having that Vinny cannot play the same 5-10 yard passes that Stones and Otamendi can.
We all want to see vinny back where he belongs but he is not the vinny from 2012 or parts of 2014 anymore,i think some(not you) have the romantic notion that he still is what he was,time and injuries wait for no man,i don't agree with everything pep does by a long chalk but i'm thinking he has this one right,vinny is not match fit or sharp so do we put him in anyway,i'm not so sure

We all want to see vinny back where he belongs but he is not the vinny from 2012 or parts of 2014 anymore,i think some(not you) have the romantic notion that he still is what he was,time and injuries wait for no man,i don't agree with everything pep does by a long chalk but i'm thinking he has this one right,vinny is not match fit or sharp so do we put him in anyway,i'm not so sure

I actually think Vinny is borderline finished. If he plays consistently, it will only be a matter of time before he breaks down again and if Pep stated he wasn't playing him because he was protecting him, fair enough. However stating that Vinny doesn't get in for tactical reasons, I find incredible. I mean has he been witnessing the same "defending" as us this season?

Damn! Karen is this really you? Sounds nothing like.

I actually think Vinny is borderline finished. If he plays consistently, it will only be a matter of time before he breaks down again and if Pep stated he wasn't playing him because he was protecting him, fair enough. However stating that Vinny doesn't get in for tactical reasons, I find incredible. I mean has he been witnessing the same "defending" as us this season?
Only time will tell if this is pep being clever or stupid

I feel the only player going to be around from the our first premier title winning side next year will be Silva.

I wouldn't rule out Nasri. I believe Pep was really quite keen to keep him around.

I also believe the hierarchy really like Kompany off field. If he's fit even for rotational I think he'll be around.

I agree with the rest though, I think they'll be on their way!

"we are going to use him in some special games" sounds to me like we're picking and choosing his games and we may have Monaco pencilled in for him to start..and don't want any injuries before this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.