Vincent Kompany - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
And in 2 cases, possibly goal saving cards, the very kind which may have got us a point vs Leicester away, if the back 3 had any idea how to defend.

And the BIG, big difference is both Nico and Stones slide in to try win the ball and are left for dead. Kompany knows the dark arts and that's what sets him apart from those two right now. Clever boy our Vinny.

And the BIG, big difference is both Nico and Stones slide in to try win the ball and are left for dead. Kompany knows the dark arts and that's what sets him apart from those two right now. Clever boy our Vinny.

He was quite poncy & mistake ridden at times in his early days as a cb though, & imo that time he spent in midfield at City, getting used to the Prem, focussed him. As I was just saying on another thread, he could do the same for Stones perhaps.

True, but even if we do have defensive players of a higher calibre, if we don't have a more effective defensive screen in front of them, they'll inevitably be picked off. Quite a number of balls have been played into our box in recent games and the defenders have cleared only for the second phase to be picked up by the opponent.
It wouldn't matter if those up front were putting the chances away, because we'd be winning 4 or 5-2 most weeks. We look far safer with Vinny playing than we did without him, whilst Otamendi blows hot and cold.

I honestly thought he was done for. If only because he was so effing huge up top, that is a lot of weight to be stopping with his gammy hamstrings. He seems to have calmed the iron pumping down though and has slimmed off a bit.

It is bitter sweet because he is brilliant for us but with all the time he has been out i was hoping stones and Otta would be at least looking close to what Kompany + 1 gives. Our fitness staff have one job imo and that is keep king Komps fit on pain of death.

I am very happy for him personally to as he does not seem the type to take being out well at all. I bet his missus was on full support mode for him whilst out.

Yep, think Pep and his staff will deserve enormous credit if this comes off.
Of course they do,they have handled him brilliantly,which given the strength of character Vinny posesses,would have been no easy task.

At the time however,carefully managing and re-introducing him didn't stop people finding another reason to slag the boss though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.