Vincent Kompany - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
This run (6) is now his longest run of consecutive games since 14/15, January-March 2015 where he started 9 consecutive games.

Whisper it, but could we be back to business as usual with Vinny? He'll never play 50 games a season, but maybe he's left the last 2 years behind? Fingers crossed and knock on wood etc.

Still one of the best centre halves in the game

We are so much poorer without him

Unbelievably assured performance. Everything was going so well that it almost felt inevitable when he was hobbling after that challenge. Feared the worst, but so glad that he could continue.

Another top performance. His passing through midfield has been very impressive too, Pep must be taking note.

Held my breath when he looked like getting a knock. Glad he came through. If he could stay fit next year it would be amazing.

Outstanding from our captain tonight.

Rondon will still be in his pocket now!

The tackle in which he hurt himself isn't getting anywhere near enough love as it should. The man's a colossus. Not just his defending but the calmness and assurance that flows throughout the rest of the back four is so evident. His passing isn't half bad either..

When they scored tonight, my lad said 'where the hell where our defence'?' and I said in all seriousness - he went off a while ago..... says it all

Couldn't concentrate on the rest of the first half worrying about vinny after seeing Stones warming up and him limping, cheered me right up seeing him out for the 2nd half.

I honestly think he's worth keeping no matter what. If he only played five games next season we'd still be far better defensively in those five games than any games he doesn't play. Absolute no brainer for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.