Vincent Kompany - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
That game was a very big moment in Kompanys career last night.
It looks like his injury nightmare could be now behind him after sustaining an injury midway through the first half & managing to continue.Psychologically that must have been extremely satisfying.
His defending last night was excellent but what was most impressive was his passing game, threading balls into midfield & opening up West Bromwich.
I dont know what Pep was saying to himwhen he came off but Kompany looked well pleased with himself.

Last edited:
For me VK is the key to everything next season. When he plays we look a completely different team, players around him look completely different players. Look at what happened when he went off last night. If he stays fit for the majority of the season, I think we win the league.

For me VK is the key to everything next season. When he plays we look a completely different team, players around him look completely different players. Look at what happened when he went off last night. If he stays fit for the majority of the season, I think we win the league.

Its because he is strong minded confident a leader and talks to the players problem with some of our players is they are not they need to get a bit if Vinny in them.

Pretty clear he is by far our most important player, a half fit kompany is better than otamendi and stones combined. Sadly its difficult to envisage him fully coming over his injury problems.

Pretty clear he is by far our most important player, a half fit kompany is better than otamendi and stones combined. Sadly its difficult to envisage him fully coming over his injury problems.
One step at a time, mate but 7 on the bounce (I think?) is certainly going in the right direction.

Could have nearly cried when he picked up that knock as it made me remember how bad we are at the back without him (fears confirmed when he was substituted and we looked shite). Good to see he got through that knock though and hopefully taken off to give him and rest.

We need Bonucci or someone of that ilk to partner Vinny and cover for him if he's ever injured.

Back to the match I thought he was very good again last night, his passing out, his positioning, far superior to anyone we have. Stones needs to watch video tapes of Vinny all summer.

If he is on the field,he's almost certainly,automatically,my MOTM - thats how influential and important he is to our result.

We are a different team entirely when he isnt available,hence,in part,why we need another player with similar attributes and leadership.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.