Virgil van Dijk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marti Perarnau strongly hinted on a recent 93:20 pod that we would go after Van Dijk as well. Hope so, he'd be a fantastic addition.

Yep I noted that too and he should know.

VVD either out of form or uninterested at the moment but form is temporary. He's a really good player who I think Pep would improve quickly. The money is the problem and perhaps his strange desire to go to Liverpool. If Pep picks up the phone that could change quickly.

Pep "A center half...we are going to try"

Hoping the Evans ship has sailed but if Pep sees something in him...

I Don't buy it has to be a back up and a top player will insist he plays all the time (see Aguero v Jesus)

Van Dijk is just in a team that is flat and is happy being on the back foot. If Pep can get van Dijk's form back to his Celtic years when he really did had more free roam both defensively and in attack he can be a great ball playing defender. Only glimpses of his former self in this league which makes me believe he is following orders to keep it simple and not break ranks.

I Don't buy it has to be a back up and a top player will insist he plays all the time (see Aguero v Jesus)

Agreed and I hope it won't be a backup. With the amount of games we play and the amount of games we would play in a three at the back formation if we had the players to do so being third choice centerback on this team is hardly even a reserve role.

Sometimes black and white is best.

Gonna be a few disappointed blue care bears next month, based on some of the expectations.

It's hedging by the way ;)

Agree about vvd no chance we will be spending anything over 50m for him and Southampton won’t sell for that. Evens probably the main target.

Agreed and I hope it won't be a backup. With the amount of games we play and the amount of games we would play in a three at the back formation if we had the players to do so being third choice centerback on this team is hardly even a reserve role.

Exactly

Wonderful footballer but my word is he going to be expensive.

He may not even be a regular player for us yet will likely end up being our record signing.

Nope. City consider VVD incredibly overpriced once the bidding went past £45m.

Evans also remains on the radar.

Same goes for Can. Txiki likes him as a player but we were never at the table and no approach has been made, regardless of what the Italian media has stated.

The market exploded at the end of the market. Guardiola seems to favour him. We only wanted one defender in the summer, we'll need two by this summer.

Personally, edging my bets with Sam, Jack Gaughan and Marti's hint on the podcast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.