Virgin Care

Virgins are notorious for not going the whole way, so I fear for their "customers" in that region.

Virgin will probably care better for the children in their care than Rotherham Council did.

And if they don't they'll get the boot pretty quickly.

Just as Mid Staffs hospital and Barrow in Furness maternity services are still run by many of the same NHS staff who were employed at the time of those death scandals, Rotherham council still runs its child protection department with public sector staff.

Private provision enables much greater accountability as well as much cheaper employee costs for hardworking private sector people to pay for.

Guaranteeing people work is not a good way to ensure good customer service. Monopolies are bad for customers, and that includes public sector monopolies which the NHS effectively is.

Your employment details are an anecdote.

On the whole the hardworking employees in the private sector and self employment are not able to get the superb in work benefits available to NHS employees. Hard economic facts see to that.

And it is these hardworking people who kindly provide every single penny of NHS funding.

It is the duty of a responsible government to ensure that hardworking taxpayers get good value for their money and that public sector workers get roughly the same benefits as everyone else in the workforce.

It will do NHS staff no good at all to selfishly insist that they continue to enjoy fantastic benefits paid for by millions who do not enjoy them.

That will lead to more privatisation of NHS services.

This is an inevitability. Both main parties are keen on it, and Labour started it when they were in power.

Did Rupert tell you that?

I think I will ask my butcher on Friday if he would prefer to see his taxes spent on a living wage for staff that clean after his mother while she is in hospital, or another holiday home in the seychelles for a CEO, maybe I should ask the staff in one of the seven private care homes that heard yesterday that their place of work was closing as it wasnt making enough profit, or the families of those elderly people that a month before Christmas do not know what is going to happen?
Maybe you are right and every thing has a price and there is no such thing as society anymore, just an accumulation of wealth at the top and foodbanks for the remainder.
I appreciate that after todays triple whammy, things are a bit tough for the toffs, Tax Credit cut = u-turn, Police budget cuts = u-turn, Junior Doctors T&C's cut = u-turn (or at least being forced to take it to ACAS), but ook on the bright side, there is no bright side for you and your ilk.

Last edited:
If the service has gone to Virgin then they should have to use the Virgin logo on all signs correspondence etc instead of hiding behind the NHS logo as all of these firms do. Only then will the public see just how much of the NHS is being privatised and can then react accordingly. Lets also have less of this free at the point of use bull shit that we are being conned with. Even if the government scrapped the whole NHS and brought in compulsory medical insurance taken out of wages benefits pensions etc they could still claim it was "free at the point of service" even though the NHS was gone.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.