Visa to USA

waterloo blue said:
nimrod said:
Armaan said:
Hi guys gonna be flying to Vegas in December hopefully for the first time and was just wondering if I apply for a visa before booking flight/accommodation or Is it the other way around? Any help would be much appreciated.

dont bother, its a shithole full of rip off merchants, scumbags, and general lowlifes
He posted LAS Vegas not STALY Vegas.
Shorter flight mind :)

blueish swede said:
ESTA is much easier if you are eligible for the Visa Waiver. It's all done on line and you won't need to visit an embassy.

You need to give them an address for your first nights stay when you go through immigration. They are moving to an electronic system from a papaer system at some airports so you might get a blue form to fill in on the plane to or need to do it on screen at the airport. You will not be able to use your phone in the customs area at the airport so write the hotel address on a piece of paper so you can copy it.

You have to do the ESTA visa and print it off / write down the reference number.
Costs (or did when I last got it) about 14 quid but it lasts for 2 years. I have a green card now so don't need to re-new it.

Yes deffo supply an address at the airport. And don't crack jokes at the airport. They wont get them and will just look at you even more suspiciously than they normally do. Be prepared to have your fingers and eyes scanned too!

Armaan said:
Hi guys gonna be flying to Vegas in December hopefully for the first time and was just wondering if I apply for a visa before booking flight/accommodation or Is it the other way around? Any help would be much appreciated.

If it's just a holiday (under three months), fly from Dublin or Shannon and you can sort it all out before you board the plane. Just one of the many advantages of living here on the greener, more civilised island. :-)
Enjoy Vegas but don't miss the opportunity to visit the Grand Canyon whilst you're in that neck of the woods.

Mad Eyed Screamer said:
blueish swede said:
ESTA is much easier if you are eligible for the Visa Waiver. It's all done on line and you won't need to visit an embassy.

You need to give them an address for your first nights stay when you go through immigration. They are moving to an electronic system from a papaer system at some airports so you might get a blue form to fill in on the plane to or need to do it on screen at the airport. You will not be able to use your phone in the customs area at the airport so write the hotel address on a piece of paper so you can copy it.

You have to do the ESTA visa and print it off / write down the reference number.
Costs (or did when I last got it) about 14 quid but it lasts for 2 years. I have a green card now so don't need to re-new it.

Yes deffo supply an address at the airport. And don't crack jokes at the airport. They wont get them and will just look at you even more suspiciously than they normally do. Be prepared to have your fingers and eyes scanned too!

This is good advice, the border guards in the main are miserable bastards. Also, when you need to give your fingerprints, I used to rub my fingers over my face to get a bit of sweat on them as it makes it easier to read on the scanner. Mrs Rep (like all women) goes to the loo straight off the plane and washes her hands and then has trouble with the fingerprints.

The new terminal at McCarron is very nice and much quicker to queue in.

Enjoy yourself!

mad4city said:
Armaan said:

If it's just a holiday (under three months), fly from Dublin or Shannon and you can sort it all out before you board the plane. Just one of the many advantages of living here on the greener, more civilised island. :-)
Enjoy Vegas but don't miss the opportunity to visit the Grand Canyon whilst you're in that neck of the woods.

Correct, the border control is in the Irish airports - but you still need to register with the ESTA online visa.

Another thing to note is ''passing the online ESTA visa application'' doesn't guarantee you entry into the States, just means from the info you provided (including that on any criminal record you may have) there was no red flags being raised - but they can still refuse entry upon arrival.

Back to the original question - get the visa first. If you book the flights and hotel and then fail the ESTA application, then you've shelled out and could lose a lot of money. If you have no criminal record and have never been deported from the States before, then there should be no issue at all

Armaan said:

Be careful online getting an ESTA as there are a tonne of sites online that charge 2 or 3 times the normal price for getting one. You do need one and Vegas is a fantastic place to visit. Lots of fun to be had and the people are great. Cheap hotels and cheap drinks if you find the right places.

Sorry for bumping an old thread but didnt want to start a new one.

I got a group ESTA just under two years ago to go to new york, mine is still in date (Runs out 4 days after I get home luckily) but my girlfriends passport expired so she needs a new one.

Only thing is I can update online where I will be staying (going to vegas this time) but the point of contact remains as the hotel we stayed at two years ago in New York. Will this cause any trouble at the border?

... l can update online where I will be staying (going to vegas this time) but the point of contact remains as the hotel we stayed at two years ago in New York. Will this cause any trouble at the border?

No, you don't need to update where you're staying on the ESTA site, that's just for the first visit. I visit the US about 6 times per year, always a different hotel (and quite often a different city). You will however input where you're staying when you fill in your APIS information, usually when checking in with your airline.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.